Safely stealing eggs from broody???

Do you have a broody hen you’re wanting to break? You can put frozen water bottles in the nest box of them, frozen bags of vegetables. you can move them into the kennel or rabbit hutch that has the wires and then it’ll keep them cool underneath, that tends to be a popular way to break them. Only give eggs if you want them to hatch.

Do you think giving her fertilized eggs could end brodeness? :idunno:barnie

I do not have a rooster! Her eggs will never hatch! Crazy bird.

I do have a small wire cat/dog crate. I could use that to break her.

I do have fertile duck eggs I could give her. I could not keep the ducklings and would have to sell them.

She has only been broody about 3 days. I guess I need to decide what to do soon.

Broody breaking in my coop.

upload_2018-6-9_16-25-25.png

I had to chuckle... I remember when I had my first broody, and how intimidated I felt by her demeanor.

If I remember right, I opened the nestbox lid to get eggs, she poofed up and screeched at me like she was about to attack. I quickly shut the lid and walked away without eggs to have a think about it.

I made my husband go get the eggs. He rolled his eyes at me, pushed her out of the box, and handed me the eggs. I decided then and there to stop being chicken about handling my broodies.

I had to chuckle... I remember when I had my first broody, and how intimidated I felt by her demeanor.

If I remember right, I opened the nestbox lid to get eggs, she poofed up and screeched at me like she was about to attack. I quickly shut the lid and walked away without eggs to have a think about it.

I made my husband go get the eggs. He rolled his eyes at me, pushed her out of the box, and handed me the eggs. I decided then and there to stop being chicken about handling my broodies.

Right? I think I was more nervous than need be, but my chicken was clearly upset and a bit aggressive and definitely not the chicken I am used to!

Yeah broody ladys are hard to deal with. I thought she was eggbound! She leaves the nest often but still shows the same behavior. I don't wanna break her due to the fact that this is natrual, And it's a temporary hormone thinge.:confused:

Back
Top Bottom