Sally's GF3 thread

I have a Hamilton Beach, and it was about $70. It's okay, but since I've gotten a stand mixer, I haven't used it. It said it had a GF cycle, but that was pretty much a total failure. I had better results using the mix cycle, and then the bake cycle. That's the only thing I've made with it, so I can't say how it does with other kinds of bread.

I would NOT recommend a CuisinArt. We had two, and in both, the mix paddles stripped out in a year or so. This was about 15-20 years ago, though, so maybe they've made them beefier.

Hubby has a no-knead bread recipe that he has made with our hand mixer, but gets better results now that we have a stand mixer.

I have a Hamilton Beach, and it was about $70. It's okay, but since I've gotten a stand mixer, I haven't used it. It said it had a GF cycle, but that was pretty much a total failure. I had better results using the mix cycle, and then the bake cycle. That's the only thing I've made with it, so I can't say how it does with other kinds of bread.

I would NOT recommend a CuisinArt. We had two, and in both, the mix paddles stripped out in a year or so. This was about 15-20 years ago, though, so maybe they've made them beefier.

Hubby has a no-knead bread recipe that he has made with our hand mixer, but gets better results now that we have a stand mixer.
What stand mixer do you have?

What stand mixer do you have?
KitchenAid. My neighbor got it for $72 at an estate sale. I told her to keep an eye out for one for me.

LOVE IT!!! When hubby decided to start making his own bread by hand and used the hand mixer, we both saw how under powered that is for such things. I was getting ready to cough up the full retail price for one, and hubby said to wait. My neighbor goes to 2-3 estate sales a week, it seems. I'm glad we waited.

Even though it's a few years old (maybe more than a few!), it works well.

KitchenAid. My neighbor got it for $72 at an estate sale. I told her to keep an eye out for one for me.

LOVE IT!!! When hubby decided to start making his own bread by hand and used the hand mixer, we both saw how under powered that is for such things. I was getting ready to cough up the full retail price for one, and hubby said to wait. My neighbor goes to 2-3 estate sales a week, it seems. I'm glad we waited.

Even though it's a few years old (maybe more than a few!), it works well.
Price was right!

All this talk about needing a machine to make bread makes me SMH.
All I need is a spatula and my hands
I made a lot of bread in my teens and 20s, before bread machines were common, or maybe before they were invented..?

There is something really nice and physically satisfying about kneading bread. Unfortunately, GF bread dough is more like a batter than a dough. :hmm
Arthritis in my hands would make it painful.
I'm sure I could still do it, but the day will come when I won't be able to, I bet. Especially my right hand.

Hubby likes his no-knead recipe. He made a loaf today.

One thing about a bread machine... it doesn't heat up the kitchen like the oven does!

Back
Top Bottom