Salmon Faverolle chicks -- boys or girls?

All I know is that I have two sf that were sent to me by mistake. It was a very fortunate mistake! They are the cutest and most comical of all my hens. In addition, they are the broodiest things I've ever seen. I hope to pick up eggs this weekend for them, as it is clear that they will never be content until they have babies.

My salmon faverolles are about 5weeks now and I ordered 4 hens from my pet chicken. All of them look exactly the same except for one, the breast feathers are blackish, where the rest are white with brown specs..Safe to say this one is a roo, right?

Last edited:
My salmon faverolles are about 5weeks now and I ordered 4 hens from my pet chicken. All of them look exactly the same except for one, the breast feathers are blackish, where the rest are white with brown specs..Safe to say this one is a roo, right?

Do you have a picture? :)

Do you have a picture? :)

he is next to a salmon faverolle hen and lavander orpington hen in this photo
I say pullet.I see brown feathering on the back of the neck and head. A cockerel would have straw. Cockerels also tend to be more mottled as youngsters, and would likely have some pink in the comb by now.

There is a Faverolles thread if you want to post pics there too.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/268082/faverolles-thread/15970#post_15146411

She will probably wind up looking something like this. These are examples of hatchery pullets people have posted here thinking the were cockerels.

49869_chickens5_027.jpg

49869_chickens5_021.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom