Salmon Faverolle chicks -- boys or girls?

I bought 5 salmon faverolle straight run chicks and now at 8 weeks old they are definitely all COCKERELS
sad.png
I mean couldn't I have just gotten ONE pullet????

i have 3 fav chicks possibly crosses and they all apear to be boys. i'll post some pics for your guys opinion when i get the chance. is it a problem if they grow slowly the two week olds here have more feathers than my 3 almost 4 week olds. also should i be concerned if one is growing super slow he has about 4 wing feathers and the others have full wings, another point about him is he hatched with somthing like splayed leg. i've had him in a hobble since day one and he is only just starting to improve. could becoming super cold stunt their growth?

I hope those posting here will report back on the actual sexes of their birds. I have found that no matter what sex the male primary and secondary do not grow at near the same rate at the females so the males have a longer primary early on. Also the tail growth is different, the male lagging way behind the female. I have had pure breed but most of mine have been mixes and I hardly miss on determining sex by watching these two feathering characteristics.

5 weeks old

Just verifying with someone with experience. The only SF hen is the front right. The others are roosters, right? Thank you!

5 weeks old Just verifying with someone with experience. The only SF hen is the front right. The others are roosters, right? Thank you!
Yes, your only Faverolles pullet is the one in the front on the right. Unfortunately she is also your only pullet in that bunch.

Yes, your only Faverolles pullet is the one in the front on the right. Unfortunately she is also your only pullet in that bunch.
Hmmm, I was thinking the one Black Copper Marans (on the left in the pic) might be a pullet too. You don't think so?
The good news for me is, the breeder wants a couple of roosters, so is willing to exchange 2 for pullets. :)

Back
Top Bottom