Salmon favorelle pullet or roo?

karint

Songster
May 24, 2019
Is this pretty salmon favorelle a pullet or too? 2.5 months. Buying from a breeder and she said hen and I’m pretty sure she knows her breeds but color seems not right for a hen so I’m confused.

Attachments

• 377E223D-66E5-4A9F-BDB3-7BA262C7D35B.png
    377E223D-66E5-4A9F-BDB3-7BA262C7D35B.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 82
She’s a pullet, but that’s not good coloring at all for a salmon faverolles. She also doesn’t have the beard which would be very obvious at this age if she were to have one! She’s a cute chicken but not a Faverolles, so if that’s what you are looking for then I’d pass!
This is my 2 month old hatchery faverolles and she already has a big beard! Less well bred faverolles like my hatchery girl have black spots, but definitely not that much black and patchiness in the brown! A show quality one would have zero black spots and dark coloring on the cream feathers.
B079CEC2-1213-4221-B8B1-10BBD3C4A518.jpeg

She’s a pullet, but that’s not good coloring at all for a salmon faverolles. She also doesn’t have the beard which would be very obvious at this age if she were to have one! She’s a cute chicken but not a Faverolles, so if that’s what you are looking for then I’d pass!
This is my 2 month old hatchery faverolles and she already has a big beard! Less well bred faverolles like my hatchery girl have black spots, but definitely not that much black and patchiness in the brown! A show quality one would have zero black spots and dark coloring on the cream feathers.
View attachment 3539231
She’s beautiful. That’s what I want so I’m going to pass on this one.

I’d pass in part bc only males should have black…but in my experience, the comb and wattles would be obvious too (on a male) but can’t see anything here. But, if it were female, it has terrible coloring, so not s good SF from a breeder. Either way, I’d pass

Back
Top Bottom