Sand Hill Preservation Center

You know these so called big time chicken breeders of show birds, I haven't never had one call or email me back so the way I look at it they don't want to sell any of there birds if they did they would contact you and tell you something. So the next best thing to do is buy a farm chicken (not everyone wants to win ribbons for bragging rights), most of us want a good chicken that does what GOD wanted them to do lay eggs.

Steve

Annarie- Your ducks just get more and more beautiful! It's funny that you posted because I was thinking about your birds when I said that I would order from them. Those Dark Campbells are so gorgeous!
smile.png

I emailed two questions to them earlier this year, they answered very promptly. The catalog indicates you can only order by mail, with a check, no credit cards. I was interested in their Dorkings but decided to try and build up my Chantecler flock first.

As for the big time breeders not answering, I found the same when I wanted to get some good Faverolles two years ago, not one of those folks answered my email or returned phone calls. I was extremely disappointed and yes I was very patient, I tried for 6 months. On the other hand I joined the Chantecler club and I have always had an answer to any question and email I've sent, very nice group of folks.

I've had that problem with big time breeders. If they do not give me a time of the day within a reasonable amount of time, I would move on and find me another.

Quote:
I have been very very lucky! Every breeder I've contacted emails me back fairly promptly. The faverolles breeders are a speacial case many faverolles breeders have sold of there flocks in the last 2-3 years. Dick Bourlanger Pontious and other breeders all sold out! Try again good quality birds are worth the wait!

Quote:
I have been very very lucky! Every breeder I've contacted emails me back fairly promptly. The faverolles breeders are a speacial case many faverolles breeders have sold of there flocks in the last 2-3 years. Dick Bourlanger Pontious and other breeders all sold out! Try again good quality birds are worth the wait!

Yep they are good folks, Dick is very prompt on his emails. Pontious, well, they are slow about responding (to me). I am glad that the Faverolle breeders NOW are getting a heads up on how efficent they are running their hobby or business. There are a few that would give me problems about responding but they are no longer in the business. Thank God! However there is a lesson to be learned as you go.

Quote:
Gayle always responded to me, but it took a few days. I never got any replies from Dick or Rose, and I did try for a while.

On the other hand Leisha always gets back to me quickly and has been very helpful. Hopefully she and the others that are left can get things going again!

Last edited:
Quote:
Gayle always responded to me, but it took a few days. I never got any replies from Dick or Rose, and I did try for a while.

On the other hand Leisha always gets back to me quickly and has been very helpful. Hopefully she and the others that are left can get things going again!

I think I got really really luck with Rose she has always responded to me very promptly. Dick checks his email I think he is just overwhelmed now that he is out fo breeding he must still get 100+ emails a week about faverolles. He forwarded my email to Leisha and that is how we got in touch. I would love to talk to Dick but I think when he got out he got really out.

Henry

Back
Top Bottom