Sand vs Pine Shavings

I'm rooted where I'm at. I've moved off when I was younger but came back home.
I can understand that.
We live on property owned by family - they could decide they no longer want us in this house (even though they live hours to states away) and we’d have to move.
Given that none of our family hardly comes and visits us or even talks to us we’re kinda kicking ourselves for even coming back but we were able to care for my husbands great great grandma and she was able to hold her 3x great granddaughter before she passed away so that was the main reason we came home.
We’re 26/27 so really the world is our oyster. He wants to move to Costa Rica but he’s heavily fluent in Spanish and loves the tropics I just wanna raise our kiddo to love nature so im good wherever nature is haha

70% humidity would kill me now. I used to live in FL, and I can't even contemplate that now. It was 89% most days and I just dealt with it. The only way to tolerate 120 degrees is with 12% humidity.
Oh yeah the humidity is stupid here. It was at 90% at 90 degrees outside and rained for a full week it was miserable. My plants however loved it.

Oh yeah the humidity is stupid here. It was at 90% at 90 degrees outside and rained for a full week it was miserable. My plants however loved it.
So... Last week. ;)

I'm in the FL Panhandle now. 1/2" of rain basically every day for the past 8 or 10. Its been unusually damp. Temps, thankfully, have been mostly mid 80s

Id like to throw in my 2 cents. I've been using sawdust (pine pellets) in my coop for 1 month now and I love it.
My coop is a 6 x 6 reach in with a vinyl floor. Im finding it very easy to scoop out and it works for me because I don't have acres and acres of space for soiled shavings.
I have 8 girls and I scoop out maybe 1 or 2 cups of poop a day with a cat litter scoop.

I live in Ky so we too get humidity and a lot of rain sometimes but so far so good.

Id like to throw in my 2 cents. I've been using sawdust (pine pellets) in my coop for 1 month now and I love it.
My coop is a 6 x 6 reach in with a vinyl floor. Im finding it very easy to scoop out and it works for me because I don't have acres and acres of space for soiled shavings.
I have 8 girls and I scoop out maybe 1 or 2 cups of poop a day with a cat litter scoop.

I live in Ky so we too get humidity and a lot of rain sometimes but so far so good.
Wouldn’t saw dust be too fine for their delicate respiratory system??

Back
Top Bottom