SandHill Preservation review

I placed an order with them for three breeds, no subs and any shipping date.
Got my order in the mail june 20th. No contact until i recieved conflrmation letter on july 15th. First possible shipping date july 19th.
They shipped the morning of the 19th. I got a call that evening saying they shipped but they were short on one so they sent 4 less then i ordered.
Chicks arrived the morning of the 20th. I ordered 25 chicks so with the 4 short i thought i might only have 21 coming.
27 live chicks and 1 dead. They sent 7 extras. A mix of the other two breeds.
I should have a refund coming in the mail for the 4 shorted chicks. I'll see when it shows and how the chicks thrive but so far i have no complaints.
Every time ive order chicks from anywhere it has taken 48 hours min. Sandhill got them here in 24 hours.
7 extras for 25 chick order is better then any other hatchery ive dealt with except ideal that sent a bunch of packing chicks once.
Was a bit disappointed about being shorted a few but better then waiting all season to get my order together like others have.

I have really loved working with Sandhill. They are a small operation, but I really like the selection and I like that the invoice tells you exactly what they included if you purchase a "surprise" assortment. They have also been great about replacing any DOA's. We received our invoice in early June. We received a call on Tuesday and chicks were here this morning at the post office.

I had 2 bad experiences with Sandhill and won't be ordering from them again.

The first time I ordered dark/white campbells. None of my preferred shipment dates were met due to problems with hatching the white campbells. When I finally received a shipment of approx 12 campbells I ordered 7 were dead (all but one of the white ones). I proceeded to lose them all-not sure what was wrong with them but they just keeled over one by one. The worse thing is I had other ducklings I was raising at the time and I lost most of them after receiving the shipment, and they had previously been thriving. A coincidence perhaps? I think not.

Naively, I decided to give the vendor the benefit of the doubt and ordered again in 2016-I really wanted some white campbells and they are the only hatchery I know that sells them. Again I had order delays. I finally called to see what was the status-problems with the white campbells again. They had a big order to fill for the white campbells that week, but if they didn't have enough for it, they'd send my order out. i told the lady I spoke to that the white campbells were the reason for my order. I was very excited when I received notification of shipment the same week.

I opened the box with anticipation. I had ordered 5 white campbells, 5 dark campbells and 5 assorted runners. Much to my dismay in the box were: 9 dark campbells, 2 live runners and 3 dead runners. No whites were even shipped and I was shorted a bird. I submitted a request for refund for the missing birds and dead runners and expressed my disappointment with the shipment. My assorted runners consisted of 4 fawn & white, and one white runner, in my opinion not much of an assortment. I had ordered the runner assortment as some of the rarer runners are only offered in that group. I can get fawn and white any day of the week!

I received my refund with a nasty note saying that they do their best and I wasn't very appreciative and should have been happy with what I did receive and that they wouldn't be sending any white campbells in the future. I believe that by the tone of the letter that perhaps they might have planned to ship me the white campbells later in the year? No note like that was included in the order I received so how was I to know? They thought I should have been happy receiving extra dark campbells. My true feelings was that it was a hassle to have extra birds I didn't order that I now had to raise and rehome.

So I've given up on white campbells. This year I'm ordering from Johnson waterfowl.

Well my fiirst possible date is may 2 2017,i ordered 10 scots dumpy, 5 mottled java, 5 exquecher leghorn, 5 cream branbanters, and i hope they call me ,because i work and i need a day off the day they come, i assume if my first possible day is may 2 they will arrive on the 3 , i already taljed to my boss , so im offt may 2,but i didnt think i sure ask may 3 , not may 2

Well my fiirst possible date is may 2 2017,i ordered 10 scots dumpy, 5 mottled java, 5 exquecher leghorn, 5 cream branbanters, and i hope they call me ,because i work and i need a day off the day they come, i assume if my first possible day is may 2 they will arrive on the 3 , i already taljed to my boss , so im offt may 2,but i didnt think i sure ask may 3 , not may 2

My date is may 15 th. I just put 18 eggs in the bator so if they cancel I guess I will still have chicks

Back
Top Bottom