Scaffolding netting for avian flu prevention

MammaAtTheAvenue

Songster
Apr 2, 2022
Hi,
We are waiting to hear if the death of seabirds on our coastline is avian flu so want to be prepared. Someone suggested scaffolding netting on the top of the enclosure. Can anyone tell me if this is the correct product please? One that I looked at said it had gaps for wind to get through. I can't see that on this product but hoping someone else can confirm for me please xxx

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220616-110159.png
    Screenshot_20220616-110159.png
    60 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20220616-110129.png
    Screenshot_20220616-110129.png
    320.6 KB · Views: 6
I've been using that stuff with my flock for years, and I'm sure it would work as you intend. The mesh is fine enough to catch bird droppings, yet it lets the wind through. It's easy to cut to size with scissors and the edges have built-in 'buttonholes' (for lack of a better word) that you can use to secure it where you want it.

I've been using that stuff with my flock for years, and I'm sure it would work as you intend. The mesh is fine enough to catch bird droppings, yet it lets the wind through. It's easy to cut to size with scissors and the edges have built-in 'buttonholes' (for lack of a better word) that you can use to secure it where you want it.
Thank you @Perris xxx

Thank you @Perris xxx
happy to help :D

If you get some 4' lengths of rebar while you're at it, and thread them through the buttonholes top and bottom, you can use them to make a temporary and easily moveable enclosure. Leaving the net floppy not tight stops things like foxes and cats trying to jump on or over them - they fear they'll get caught up in the net and realize it can't support their weight.

Back
Top Bottom