scaly mites

That doesn't work. I always used the easy peezy stuff. Get it at a pet shy. Says for the use of canaries. I'll find a photo. Works like no other! If you're using it in the coop, you will need to buy a few.

From my notes:
Scaly Legs - Soak in warm water & mild dish soap. With toothbrush scrub with vinegar, garlic or Neem Oil. Smear leg with Coconut Oil. Clean out coop; remove shavings; spray Orange Insect Spray or DE, spread lavender, lemon grass, thyme, wormwood in shavings
Ivermectin (pour on) - Rub onto the legs, wear gloves. Std 0.75ml = 25ml ea leg & 25ml on skin. Ivomec on daily 1 & day 10, rub some kind of oil on legs daily.

Ivermectin doesn’t ahave to be given topically, the 1% ingectable & horse past can be used too OR Nu Stock OR Vaseline or Bag Balm 1x wk for 2 - 3wks

DE is safe for the coop, but I wouldn't use it. It works horribly and is bad to breathe in. For scaly leg mites, I recommend coating their legs with a thick coat of vaseline. Works like a charm, but I definitely recommend using gloves when doing it.

I stopped using DE because it's so harmful to chickens' sensitive respiratory systems. Elector PSP or Permethrin spray is effective against mites in your coop & run. I'm going to try to treat SLM with a baby wash soak, rubbing alcohol dip, and A&D ointment, & repeat in a week. It's my first time doing it and I'm combining a couple of recommendations.

Back
Top Bottom