Scent-based repellents

Jennsbirds

Chirping
6 Years
Feb 24, 2013
Bay Area
Has anyone has good luck with these? What were the active ingredients? Is it possible they can be too powerful (bothering neighbors' dogs or your own cat)?

I use a scent based repellent in our front flower bed as the neighborhood cats seem to think I dig it over just for them to poo in. I don't have cats or dogs but, other than keeping them from using the flower bed as a toilet, It doesn't seem to bother them in any other way.

Last edited:
I've heard of a number of scents/repellents, both organic and otherwise. I have no experience with them myself, however. Cordite is my repellent of choice. It works on ALL predators, 2-legged, 4-legged, flying, crawling or walking....

I use a scent based repellent in our front flower bed as the neighborhood cats seem to think I dig it over just for them to poo in. I don't have cats or dogs but, other than keeping them from using the flower bed as a toilet, It doesn't seem to bother them in any other way.
Awesome.

I want to repel coons and maybe a dog or deer, but I don't want my outdoor cat driven away (she can poo anywhere in my garden but my veggies).

Back
Top Bottom