School Hatching Eggs

darbella

Songster
11 Years
Nov 2, 2008
New Hampshire
My nephews class is looking to hatch out about 70 white leghorn chicks and he asked me if I can get him eggs. At the time I figured I would give them my barnyard mix eggs, but for some reason the teacher wants the white leghorns. Anyone out there know where to get them and if they can donate them or discount them to a school?

Quote:
I wonder if they would hatch out? I have hatched out 3 week old eggs that I have set on the kitchen counter, but never a refrigerated egg.

Quote:
Yes, I looked on ebay, but they need 70 and the cost of the auction and shipping I dont think is in their bidget. I know there must be a source of supplying schools with eggs, but need to find it.

At our school, the county 4-H provides free eggs for hatching in the classroom. These are the Cornish Cross meat chickens though. You could contact your local, county, or state 4-H office, and they might be able to give you information on finding the ones that are needed.

Hope this helps!!
thumbsup.gif

I got mine from Texas A&M...only 1 hatched...but it was my first time. Also, I don't think they are white leghorns....mine is black and yellow....also not sure where you are but they might not ship out of Texas. You can try though...here is the dept contact information...very nice people:

Ag Teacher resources
Egg to Chick - Hatching Eggs in the Classroom
- TAMU Poultry Farm phone number - 979-845-4367

http://gallus.tamu.edu/extensionprograms/youth_programs/index.htm

Back
Top Bottom