Scots Dumpy Chickens

FaodailFarm

In the Brooder
Aug 9, 2017
Last year I purchased some fertile eggs and of the few that hatched all are roos. The flock they came from is too small to sell me any more. The only other place I have found in the US is Sand Hill Preservation Center but their flock is also too small to sell any. Is there anyone else out there that has Scots Dumpies?

It may take a while. A few weeks ago I relocated the flock to my farm and no eggs yet. I’m working with an expert in bird breeding to build the genetic diversity needed to grow the flock. It will take some time.

I'm looking for Scots Dumpy chicks or eggs. Could you please keep me on your waiting list for when you have them available? I'm patient, so even if it's a while, I'd be still interested! Hope your flock is doing well ;)

Update-I have made arrangements to take a small flock of 7 hens and 3 roos. Hoping to be successful with growing their numbers. Still interested if anyone has any. Would help with genetic diversity.
I don’t have any but I keep looking. Any luck with your flock? We are looking for new chickens come spring so I thought I would stars my sad search again... keep in touch please

I don’t have any but I keep looking. Any luck with your flock? We are looking for new chickens come spring so I thought I would stars my sad search again... keep in touch please
I feel like the luckiest gal alive. I was able to get scots dumpy eggs in April 2021 and hatched 12. This year I’ve hatched twice that and I’ve also been lucky in getting some good breed standard specimens. I am trying to get the breed standard increased in my flock but keep me in mind if anyone is interested. I’m near Charlottesville Virginia.

Back
Top Bottom