Scott-Anderson Homestead, in the making

It will be home for a while. My nine year old has already claimed her bed space LOL Now it won't look like one of those from that show TINY HOUSES, but it will work for us. We should be utilizing it for home for a couple years until the home loan goes thru. I think I am going to take the scrap from the mobile home, that's on our property now, and either scrap the siding or use it for the chicken coop. I think the wood in some of the walls are 2"x3" so I should be able to use them. But if its rotted, like my brother says, then I will just keep the siding and burn the frame. BBQ with a bonfire!! WHOOP!!

Sadly no BIDS t. I have posted on CRAIGSLIST, local classifieds, on FACEBOOK, and nothing. All our local boys are hauling the last of the logs for the season. Here are a few more pictures so you can see what I am dealing with. I just don't see how people can be this filthy!! How can they do this to the land!?

Hi Bettymae, sorry to say it but I've seen that here in north FL too. That's such a mess for cleaning up. I guess the people that do that just don't care someone else will have to clean up after them. That's a nice looking area with all the trees though, so it's going to look great once you get it done!

My Aunt and Uncle had the land before me. It was so beautiful. Small orchard, nice size garden, green lawn, picnic tables and stone BBQ grill. My parents were married there.

Then when they got to old to care for the land, my brother was care taker. He ended up moving, then my Aunt and Uncle had strokes, and my female sibling (I refuse to call her sister) ended up moving in to care for them. This is what she did to it. Her and my niece. When Auntie died she left it to me, 2-3 years later Uncle passed away, and on that day I served her the first eviction notice. As I was walking away she shot at me. But that was never proven. Her and my niece produced a will that was not signed by any lawyer, or notary, stating my Uncle left the land to them. Well the land is Tribal Land, and it belonged to my Aunt, who left it to me, and I signed paper saying Uncle could live there until he passed. Which he did. Because of that will it was a fight. Finally the B.I.A. stepped in and produced the original Will from Aunt Betty (my namesake).

They have done this to multiple properties. One house, a beautiful mountain cabin, they did this to the yard then removed a whole outside wall to let the free range horses and cows come in and eat! They were just renting that one!

It hurts so bad looking at this property. It's so disgusting! How can humans do this to our land!?

I'll never understand why people do some of the things they do. All we can do is make things better. You'll have it beautiful again BettyMae, just keep that vision in front of you and take it one day at a time. You'll get it there.

I'll never understand why people do some of the things they do. All we can do is make things better. You'll have it beautiful again BettyMae, just keep that vision in front of you and take it one day at a time. You'll get it there.

Oh believe me I will. Me and my husband are a pretty good team. I have a vision and he can pretty much make it. He's not a contractor or anything but he's pretty handy with his hands, and he is not afraid of hard work. And if he can't do it, he has no problem asking for help. And that's why I am here. To get help.
big_smile.png
I'm going to start with chickens, my garden, ducks, and rabbits first. So I guess I should start with a garden dedicated to us and them.

Uncle had some of the most delicious apples, and gorgeous roses. I think I will do a rose garden for him and Auntie. Even if its a small one. He loved red. I like yellow, so this will be fun.

OH MY GOD!! I may have two bids!! One from my FACEBOOK ad and one from my CRAIGSLIST ad!! They will both be calling the Tribal Office Monday!! I'm so excited!! I hope it works!! Please Lord, let my land be cleaned soon!!

Met with the first bidder, he was awesome! He said he can have the property cleaned in no time, and for less than what the tribe estimated the clean up would cost!! I'm so excited!! Fingers are crossed!! We spent 4 hours just talking about what we wanted done, how he would do it, but keep our old growth safe. Just so excited!!

Back
Top Bottom