Scrambled Eggs?

HalpMeh

In the Brooder
Mar 25, 2017
Somewhere Southern
I heard that feeding eggs to chicks would be a good. What exactly does it do, what age can they be fed, and should I feed them scrambled eggs all together? What do they actually do for the chicken?

Last edited:
I wouldn't scramble the shells in yet, those I give to my laying hens. But since the chicks in shell absorb the egg yolk as their food source while growing stands to reason it contains a lot of stuff they need and it's good for them. It's high protein and palatable for sick chicks or weak chicks who need a boost.

I put eggs thru a food processor and feed to all my birds, caged and chickens. The caged birds get the entire egg scrambled shell and all (that's why I use a food processor). I also put the cooked eggs back thru the processor just to make them tiny sized.

I wouldn't scramble the shells in yet, those I give to my laying hens.  But since the chicks in shell absorb the egg yolk as their food source while growing stands to reason it contains a lot of stuff they need and it's good for them.  It's high protein and palatable for sick chicks or weak chicks who need a boost.

I put eggs thru a food processor and feed to all my birds, caged and chickens.  The caged birds get the entire egg scrambled shell and all (that's why I use a food processor).  I also put the cooked eggs back thru the processor just to make them tiny sized.

Thank you for the info. It's very much appreciated!!
2764.png

Back
Top Bottom