screaming chicken

images

Welcome to BYC!

Yes, they can be screamers!!
gig.gif

Enjoy your screaming broody and welcome to our flock!

I've got a flock of BJG's and they take after my wife. Quiet and content until they get upset! Wouldn't even know they were around until someone wants an occupied nest box or I forget to throw the corn n oats out for them in the morning! Oh yeah the head mama let me know about that one!

Hmmm, interesting. My Orpy's both scream before they lay their eggs! Maybe it's the breed, ha ha. They will pace back and forth in front of the nest boxes, getting louder and louder until they realise they might like to take a seat and get comfy. The louder they scream before hand the faster the egg seems to come - it's like they're saying "It's URGENT! I've got to go NOW!"" So much fun! Krista

hahaha! wow you chickens sound like characters so they just start screaming when they don't get their food? spoilt little monkeys
lau.gif

My Buff Orp starts shrieking right around breakfast and dinner time. She won't shut up until food is delivered! She's actually shrieking right now because it's around dinner time.

Hmmm, interesting.  My Orpy's both scream before they lay their eggs!  Maybe it's the breed, ha ha.  They will pace back and forth in front of the nest boxes, getting louder and louder until they realise they might like to take a seat and get comfy.  The louder they scream before hand the faster the egg seems to come - it's like they're saying "It's URGENT!  I've got to go NOW!""  So much fun!  Krista

Haha yeah orpingtons are crazy!

Back
Top Bottom