Screaming Hen

I’m not familiar with the breed. I’ve seen other members here say that they have a Cochin Bantam that screeches like a seagull or goose. One said, her pullet did it mostly in the morning & for no reason. It might just be her personality.

Thanks for the reply, she has an odd personality because I have seen her dropping food for the other hens and she kind of looks like an old Woman :D.

5842A35A-BD87-42D6-AC9E-8E007BA86F77.jpeg
I have one hen which makes this screaming type noise which is quite loud, I mean nearly as loud as a rooster crowing she just starts screaming at random points in the day. It's not really a problem and she is not ill, just curious what it is.
I have a leghorn who screams at any thing she’s unhappy about....wants out of the pen, someone is in HER nesting box, she wants me to come outside, she wants me to pick grapes off the vine, wants the new chickens to be gone. Oh yeah did I mention how spoiled she is.

View attachment 1483213
I have a leghorn who screams at any thing she’s unhappy about....wants out of the pen, someone is in HER nesting box, she wants me to come outside, she wants me to pick grapes off the vine, wants the new chickens to be gone. Oh yeah did I mention how spoiled she is.

Looks like she’s saying, “Go ahead, but let me warn you, I’m a screamer!”

Back
Top Bottom