Seafood Night with KatyTheChickenLady

KatyTheChickenLady

Bird of A Different Feather
11 Years
Dec 20, 2008
Boise, Idaho
Let's see if I can keep this one rolling
roll.png
forgive me if I get distracted with, well with life . . . as long as someone is interested I will try to add at least one a week.

As with all else I am super freaky about keeping a schedule to keep my self in line and remembering my goals - this one being to serve my family seafood once a week, in an interesting and tasty manner - we don't do fish sticks in our house but maybe you do
smile.png
adjust the menu to suit YOUR life please. Again you will find me annoying thorough about planning every thing. The Seafood menu is designed to alternate white fleshed fish, red fleshed fish & shell fish. And again you will find 13 recipes so that we find ourselves eating each one four times a year only. You may want more variety than that, add whatever suits you!

The schedule:

1. Crab/lobster/crawfish
2. Tuna
3. Halibut
4. Shrimp & Basmati Rice
5. Salmon & Jasmine Rice
6. Mahi Mahi & Arborio Rice
7. Sushi
8. Trout & Wild Rice Pilaf
9. Cod
10. Scallops/clams/mussels/calamari
11. Swordfish
12. Sea bass
13. Tilapia

Last edited:
first recipe:

Shrimp & Basmati Rice
Large Salt Water Shrimp - I don't mind famed raised, but prefer wild, & I really don't like fresh water shrimp
1 cans worth diced tomatos - feel free to use fresh
4-6 cloves garlic - crushed (more if you like)
Juice from 1 lemon
two handfulls of Fresh parsley - chopped
crazy janes - to taste
red pepper flakes - to taste
1/2 to 1 cup white wine

Basmati rice

Prepare you shrimp (defrost if frozen, peel, clean etc.) & set aside

cook your rice - I use a rice cooker

While rice is cooking start your sauce:

In large sautee pan over medium heat, warm tomatoes - when bubbly add garlic, then white wine and lemon juice. Lower heat to simmer, depending on how much sauce you want you can add more wine as it cooks down a bit. add one handfull of the parsley and season to taste. add shrimp and cover, shaking slightly now and then until shrimp is done (5 min or so depending on heat and size of shrimp). remove lid and stir in the rest of parsley. Serve immediately over the rice. If you want to be fancy top with just a few shaves of a really nice Asagio cheese. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Cuz I would eat seafood EVERY night if I could!
droolin.gif
LoL, I have a bunch of "fish" dinners on my menu now, but I would love to vary them up from the traditional dish I make....

Besides, I have to make my menu for next month right?
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom