Second guessing my brooding pen / integration plans

Ok, so there is NO chick down covering my living room. They are currently in a Tupperware that I clean daily. They are all a week or less old. 3 are Bantams. I do not want to put them outside until they're ready. These are our first and only chickens.
I was simply looking for ideas on how to expand their space safely.

Ok, so there is NO chick down covering my living room. They are currently in a Tupperware that I clean daily. They are all a week or less old. 3 are Bantams. I do not want to put them outside until they're ready. These are our first and only chickens.
I was simply looking for ideas on how to expand their space safely.
Welcome to BYC @Mutleycrew35 .
The dust doesn't start until they are a couple weeks old.

NOW back to the regularly scheduled thread started by @WesleyBeal .......How are your chicks doing, having fun yet??

Welcome to BYC @Mutleycrew35
The dust doesn't start until they are a couple weeks old.

NOW back to the regularly scheduled thread started by @WesleyBeal
.......How are your chicks doing, having fun yet??

Yep, they're doing well. Warm enough now that I've turned off the heat lamp.They still spend most of their time under the heating pad, coming out to eat and drink.

Hens occasionally come over and look in, all curious. Act like they think they're supposed to know something about these things, just not sure what.

Also, underneath the pine shavings is hardware cloth, and under that is old bedding, same as in the coop. Once the pine shavings gets fouled, I'll do a mix of the old bedding from the coop with more pine shavings, gradually using less of the fresh pine over time.

And here's one more pic, that doesn't show a thing about the brooder setup, just because it's one of those days that makes you realize winter is really over.

Never mind. Site not cooperating with my phone tonight.

Last edited:
Also, underneath the pine shavings is hardware cloth, and under that is old bedding, same as in the coop. Once the pine shavings gets fouled, I'll do a mix of the old bedding from the coop with more pine shavings, gradually using less of the fresh pine over time.

I don't think I understood what you wrote here. Would you mind explaining to me why you are adding old bedding into the brooder?

Back
Top Bottom