Sellers remorse..

Newfarmer36

Songster
Dec 31, 2017
West Monroe, Louisiana
I noticed a few days ago that my Pekin drake was chasing off one of my pekin/Cayuga mix babies.(about 4 months old) He was doing so good with them and all of a sudden, he started this. I couldn't have him hurting it or isolating it so I posted on a fb site for locals that buy and sell ducks and chickens she has. Within 5 mins or so, someone msged me and wanted him. I was all too happy to meet her and say my goodbyes. I didn't find out until I got there that she doesn't have any ducks but will be getting some as soon as her bigger coop was finished. Now, all I can do is sit here and think about him sitting all by himself with the chickens she has. And now I feel bad.. does anyone else have this problem?!

I noticed a few days ago that my Pekin drake was chasing off one of my pekin/Cayuga mix babies.(about 4 months old) He was doing so good with them and all of a sudden, he started this. I couldn't have him hurting it or isolating it so I posted on a fb site for locals that buy and sell ducks and chickens she has. Within 5 mins or so, someone msged me and wanted him. I was all too happy to meet her and say my goodbyes. I didn't find out until I got there that she doesn't have any ducks but will be getting some as soon as her bigger coop was finished. Now, all I can do is sit here and think about him sitting all by himself with the chickens she has. And now I feel bad.. does anyone else have this problem?!

Yep! Buyers aren't always what they seem. It's difficult for sure. I try not have anything to sell/rehome. Grieves me.
Maybe I'm just too protective. I started off with 2 roosters. One was bigger than the other but he still kept getting his butt kicked by the other one so I gave him away. I bought 2 Bantams and the rooster I had left started beating the day lights out of one of them so I traded him for another chicken. Then the duck start chasing off one of the baby ducks so I gave him away.. I don't like my animals getting bullied. Maybe one day, I'll find the right mix.

This is one thing that has kept me from selling or giving away any animal to a stranger. I have two roosters and ended up creating another coop and run for one to keep them from fighting. I couldn't get rid of him knowing there was a high chance of him being butchered. Especially when I have the means of keeping him.

This is one thing that has kept me from selling or giving away any animal to a stranger. I have two roosters and ended up creating another coop and run for one to keep them from fighting. I couldn't get rid of him knowing there was a high chance of him being butchered. Especially when I have the means of keeping him.
I don't have the means to build me another coop though. :( I was at home depot yesterday buying everything that was needed to build a new one. It was SO EXPENSIVE! So at this point, I don't have the funds to build an extra one for him. I feel like he'll be fine. But I feel bad at the same time. :(

Back
Top Bottom