selling turkey eggs for consumption

3spittingducks

In the Brooder
Sep 21, 2015
Hunterdon County NJ
Hi,

Anyone have an idea of how much turkey eggs for consumption are being sold for in Central NJ?? My girls just started laying and one of my chicken egg customers is interested in any turkey eggs I am willing to sell. I want the girls to sit and hatch them naturally, but I am not set up for them yet.

Thanks,
PJ (3 Spitting Ducks Farm)

Hi,

Anyone have an idea of how much turkey eggs for consumption are being sold for in Central NJ?? My girls just started laying and one of my chicken egg customers is interested in any turkey eggs I am willing to sell. I want the girls to sit and hatch them naturally, but I am not set up for them yet.

Thanks,
PJ (3 Spitting Ducks Farm)

Try checking with @memphis

She is selling her turkey eggs to a chef. Turkey eggs are highly valued by people who understand their value for cooking and baking. Most of the people who get eggs from me prefer the turkey eggs over the chicken eggs.

Can I ask how much she is selling her turkey eggs for?

We have one turkey hen who lays about three times a year with a month or two between. She is laying now.

Last edited:
Memphis says she is selling to a baker for $3 an egg, that they are going for way more than chicken or duck eggs, and that turkey eggs are going for $3 to $5 each. She considered herself lucky that she located a baker that knew the value. I have a chicken egg customer who is eager for turkey eggs. She is going to take six at $3 per egg as a start. I really want to hatch them, so I am not eager to find buyers for my eggs.

I also have a co-worker who is in bad health and not able to keep enough food down. And she has no appetite. I think she may be doing chemo but has not shared. Anyway, she ate a turkey egg, liked it and kept it down. She is trying the fresh chicken eggs now. If she needs the turkey eggs I will gift them her way and look to hatch next year. I am keeping my fingers crossed that she can handle the chicken eggs LOL! But I told her to speak to her doctor either way, because I think she may get more fat, protein and calories out of the turkey eggs.

Back
Top Bottom