Separating lethargic chick with cocci

leolseven

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jun 22, 2014
My 3 month old wyondette i noticed yesterday outside she was laying down, feathers puffed, bloody stool and not eating or drinking. I gave her some corid and brought her inside. By that night she was drinking by herself and trying to eat and also standing up, a huge improvement from earlier in the day. I gave the rest if the chicks outside corid in their water as well, considering they were not lethargic like she was and still drinking and walking around. When should i re introduce her to the other chicks? Shes not %100 yet but definetly better.

How much Corid are you using? She could be placed back with the others now. Take special care to make sure that she is taking plenty of the medicated water, and that she is not being bullied. Clean up droppings, and make sure that bedding is dry and stirred often, then replaced with clean bedding. Good luck with your chick.

Put her back now. The sooner then better but make sure the others don't start beating her up.
Did you buy the powder or liquid?

How much Corid are you using? She could be placed back with the others now. Take special care to make sure that she is taking plenty of the medicated water, and that she is not being bullied. Clean up droppings, and make sure that bedding is dry and stirred often, then replaced with clean bedding. Good luck with your chick.
I’m using 9.5 ml per gallon, and I gave her a drop undiluted last night and one this morning

Liquid corid
Give this chick 3 undiluted drops straight to the beak now.
If she doesn't look much improved tomorrow morning at this time give her 3 more drops.
This is in addition to the water mixture.

Back
Top Bottom