Separations and reintroduction

trsutton82

In the Brooder
Mar 15, 2017
WV
We have 12 chicks. All are about 3 weeks old and are starting to get crowded in our Rubbermaid container. We were trying to decide if we could out them in 2 tubs and then put them back together once we get the coop together for them. Would there be a problem with reintroducing them to each other? Line will they fight and hurt each other?

Do you have a bigger area where they can all be together? Like a couple big boxes taped together into one big box? Their rapid growth will outstrip even 2 totes very soon.

I don't at the moment. I could probably find something. Looking at getting an old pack n play from a friend to put them in. We have the coop kit but haven't gotten it together due to weather. Still worried about weather for chicks but I think in a week or so they'll he okay to go outside.

-- forgot about a trick I've seen on here- if you're willing to cut holes in the sides of the Rubbermaid containers and then tape those openings together with duct tape- you can make a fun playpen that way- 2 or 3 done together like that makes for some fun.

Back
Top Bottom