Seperated quail

Abpoultry

Chirping
Apr 4, 2021
I have 4 quail who all grew up togeather. A couple of months ago I separated them (2 and 2) as the only male started bullying one of the females to the extent of her bleeding. Nothings gone wrong with this set up but I would prefer it if they are in togeather becuase the females we've had to split were close friends. And I would like them to have more space (they have more than enough but it would be nice) any ideas on if or how to intergrate them
Thanks

Thank you, but I've already tried that and it didn't work. It's like nothing intimidates him, he's a real bully

It sounds like you've already done everything you can trying. Personally, I'd invite him for dinner, but I know that isn't an option for everyone.
Haha ye my mum suggested a brick
But I don't think I could do that especially since I reared him from a chick. I'm also worried that I won't be able to do it straight away and that he'd be in pain.
Do you think that if I puy the bully and the hen he bullied in togeather on their own supervised it would stop him?? I don't want to do it without advise

Haha ye my mum suggested a brick
But I don't think I could do that especially since I reared him from a chick. I'm also worried that I won't be able to do it straight away and that he'd be in pain.
Do you think that if I puy the bully and the hen he bullied in togeather on their own supervised it would stop him?? I don't want to do it without advise
I think that would not be a good idea. If you think you might consider culling him, you can read this article.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/how-to-process-your-quail-including-gory-pictures.75834/

If you have a real bully, you might consider replacing him. Personally, I don't keep aggressive birds because I don't want that in my breeding lines.
Nabiki, I agree not to keep aggressive birds... But do you take out of breeding the frightened females too? Those who are really scared of the males? I have a cage full of females who don't like males at all :)...

Back
Top Bottom