Serama Hatch-A-Long!!

Pics
I will be setting Serama eggs again soon! My own this tine, testing the fertility of my nicest young rooster. For now, look what I have in the incubator this morning:

Awe! Hooray! He's so cute! And bald! Lol

First pip, just noticed it!! Woo!!!!
wee.gif

*crosses fingers all the rest goes well*

Really need this hatch... a dog got into our yard today and took down all our ducks, sigh.

First pip, just noticed it!! Woo!!!!
wee.gif

Really need this hatch... a dog got into our yard today and took down all our ducks, sigh.

I'm so sorry to hear about your ducks! I hope that dog's owners get some **** sense in their head. It is such a shame that any poultry should be lost to the neglectful husbandry of others. They should never be allowed to roam free like that..

Awe! Hooray! He's so cute! And bald! Lol

Thanks! He is a scaleless. I am really excited to have him.

First pip, just noticed it!! Woo!!!! :weee  

Congrats on your pip! Keep us updated with pics!
That's awful about your ducks! I'm really sorry!

Thank you Naliez and Skink for your kind words about our ducks. :)

As for the egg babies: the egg from yesterday with a pip has a second X shaped crack near the first one, no new activity after that. We're going on around 21 hours from the initial pip. I'm concerned we'll have to make a decision in the next few hours whether to assist. Came home from errands a few minutes ago and we have two new serama pips and also a pip on a non-serama egg. Nothing photo-worthy yet but I will post pics as soon as someone hatches!

Awesome! Congrats! Did you have to help, or did he kick out on his own?

So far everyone's kicked out on their own. I noticed around 5pm today that the first pipper was making a small amount of progress on its hole so I left it alone and this evening it was the third to hatch. I have 4 now in the brooder, 5 serama eggs left (two of those have external pips).

Here's a pic of #2 (in front) and #3:

#4 hatched out of the front right egg that's nearly out of the frame. Wasn't able to get a pic, #2 got wedged between my hatching rails so as soon as 4 was out I scooped all up and removed that front rail.

Going to bed in a few, will give an update tomorrow! :)

So far everyone's kicked out on their own. I noticed around 5pm today that the first pipper was making a small amount of progress on its hole so I left it alone and this evening it was the third to hatch. I have 4 now in the brooder, 5 serama eggs left (two of those have external pips). Here's a pic of #2 (in front) and #3: #4 hatched out of the front right egg that's nearly out of the frame. Wasn't able to get a pic, #2 got wedged between my hatching rails so as soon as 4 was out I scooped all up and removed that front rail. Going to bed in a few, will give an update tomorrow! :)
Hope everything goes well! Do you hatch them all upright? (Seramas) I had one pip too low, and I think if I would've had him upright, it might have helped. And I'm not sure if I'm seeing this right on my phone, but that one little guy looks like he's pretty serious about getting out! Look at his LONG neck! Lol! What a cutie! These pictures might be bad for me... I loved hatching and it's too late in the season for me to be getting the itch! ;)

Back
Top Bottom