Serama Hatch-A-Long!!

9 chicks in the brooder. 2 are still in the incubator, not quite ready to handle their week old siblings yet.

Super sweet chicks!

I have a little fence that I use in the brooder to give new babies a chance to recover before they are all together. It works really well!

Super sweet chicks!

I have a little fence that I use in the brooder to give new babies a chance to recover before they are all together. It works really well!

The 3 little ones in the brooder are doing really well with the older chicks. The 2 still in the incubator have some issues I'm hoping will resolve.

it's SO cute!
My child is obsessed with my neighbor totoro. The black EE from last week, my daughter was calling "Mei" now the little black serama is 'Mei' and the EE is 'Sasuki' or she just says "big sister, little sister"

(my daughter can't say Sasuki and pronounces it sawsee)

I have my hens 3 eggs in the incubator, one chick is out the other two should be by tomorrow.

They look just like the first three chicks... mottled. One of the first chicks is starting to look like it has straight feathers and so I suspect they all will. At least they are half silkied and not related to my roo!

My first three are doing okay but a couple, one in particular is smaller than the others. It is just struggling a bit. I am contemplating if I could put all six chicks under the two mamas...........

How are your chicks doing? are they all turning out straight feathered? How's the little one fairing?

How are your chicks doing? are they all turning out straight feathered? How's the little one fairing?

Chicks look good! I did go and check on them again and found one half under a mama and getting cold! Only one has obviously straight feathers. Others are newly hatched or coming in slowly. I am glad I put them under the hens, I think they are doing better.

The last 6 of her eggs I put in the incubator, the last 2 were clear, so I figured the fertility ran out. When I took the eggs out from under the hens to hatch in the incubator, I put two new eggs under them from the silkied hen that I figured were clear. They sat on them a couple of days and then I put them in the bator and last night I candled them and they look fertile?? Maybe tiny roo is already getting some action?! I am surprised but will incubate some and see if they come out Silkied!

The 3 little ones in the brooder are doing really well with the older chicks. The 2 still in the incubator have some issues I'm hoping will resolve.

it's SO cute!
My child is obsessed with my neighbor totoro. The black EE from last week, my daughter was calling "Mei" now the little black serama is 'Mei' and the EE is 'Sasuki' or she just says "big sister, little sister"

That's so adorable : )

it's SO cute!

How are the incubator chicks doing?

I had one EE that didn't make it. It had A LOT wrong with it, so I was not surprised when it passed yesterday. I also have a really weak serama X EE that I'm not very hopeful for.

All the others are doing really well.

Back
Top Bottom