Serama pricing

Bennythechick

Chirping
Feb 24, 2019
New Hampshire
So my hatch rate for my seramas has finally been going up. And I’m starting to have a enough chicks where I can start selling some. I plan to wait until they are a few months old so I can decide what I want to keep but just trying to think ahead.
Im pretty new to breeding and I really have no idea how to price them, any help would be very appreciated!

I attached pictures of the parents. The picture of the dad is from a few months ago so he’s improved since then. Both parents are B sized.

Attachments

• DF227EAB-7ECE-48DE-AF9C-521FA122856C.png
    DF227EAB-7ECE-48DE-AF9C-521FA122856C.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 82
  • 31F2AAC7-2369-4358-998F-241716D19E98.jpeg
    31F2AAC7-2369-4358-998F-241716D19E98.jpeg
    231.6 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Were are you located? I have been thinking about trying Seramas again. I am also wondering how hardy Seramas are, a couple of years ago I got three Seramas and two of them froze to death and the last one dies from mites.

Were are you located? I have been thinking about trying Seramas again. I am also wondering how hardy Seramas are, a couple of years ago I got three Seramas and two of them froze to death and the last one dies from mites.

I’m in Londonderry, New Hampshire. I had mine indoors since this was my first winter with them and I only had a couple but if you have enough of them they should be ok to leave them outside in the winter. You can use a coop heater too but make sure you are cautious.

Depending on quality serama can be priced anywhere between $5 and $200.
Based on the parents I would say offspring are $15 - $25, still depends on the individual's type though.
Also, in my area, people are not willing to pay much for seramas because most people here just want them for pets. I've had to sell fairly good ones for $10 since there's not much demand for them.

Depending on quality serama can be priced anywhere between $5 and $200.
Based on the parents I would say offspring are $15 - $25, still depends on the individual's type though.
Also, in my area, people are not willing to pay much for seramas because most people here just want them for pets. I've had to sell fairly good ones for $10 since there's not much demand for them.

That’s around the price I was thinking. Seramas aren’t super common where I am, but I’ve had good luck rehoming my extra roosters.
Thank you for the help!

Thanks, but I recently bought four new chicks and I don't have room for any more. I plan on trying again with Seramas as soon as I have room, which leads to my next question about if they would be okay with other larger chickens since I have some half standards. So, I might end up contacting you in a year or two when I have more room.

Thanks, but I recently bought four new chicks and I don't have room for any more. I plan on trying again with Seramas as soon as I have room, which leads to my next question about if they would be okay with other larger chickens since I have some half standards. So, I might end up contacting you in a year or two when I have more room.

I have a bunch with standard sized hens and they do fine. There was a little pecking at first but that’s normal.
Feel free to contact me when your ready!

I have a bunch with standard sized hens and they do fine. There was a little pecking at first but that’s normal.
Feel free to contact me when your ready!
I have a pair of Seramas that live with 16 standard hens. I think the big hens don't realize that the Seramas are chickens. The Serama roo has never tried anything with the big girls although he bit one when she took some food away from his tiny hen, but she didn't seem to notice.

Back
Top Bottom