Serious trouble in the brood box! *Pic HEAVY*

lknight

In the Brooder
11 Years
May 7, 2008
Western Washington
I posted pictures of a few of my chicks maybe 2 weeks ago, and got answers I pretty much expected... WELL... things change! I have one chick I am 100 % sure is a roo... but now it looks like I might have a few more... I am really hoping not, as I do not want several roosters, but don't want them in the stew pot either. Please all ye wise BYCers... PLEASE give me some good news.

This is Larry, my stud of a rooster. He is almost 6 weeks
P1010571.jpg

This is Larry with one of his 1/2 sibs. Dad was a leghorn, mom was a ???. Its comb is still pretty peachy, not turning red like Larry's.
P1010565.jpg

these 3 are all Larry's sibs. One from the 2nd picture in the back, the front is Mo, I am pretty sure she is a girl, to the left is Curly who is getting a good size comb, and developing waddles (arg). They all hatched the same time as Larry, and have the same dad.
P1010567.jpg

Now this is my buffy. supposed to be a sexed pullet, but I am begining to wonder... 5 weeks
P1010547.jpg

Thanks for your wisdom!

the 3rd pic down front one looks pullet to me. the one in 2nd pic right looks girl but in next pic looks like a boy, i'm thinking that one is a girl also since same age and not bright red comb. the others r definate boys.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom