Set 130 eggs for a hatch on the 22nd - Updated!

mhaines4102

Songster
11 Years
Jul 26, 2008
Stroud, Oklahoma
This is the largest group I have set so far, but my bater has hatched a couple sets now and I am gaining confidence. Some of my eggs are about 9 days old, others pulled today. Once I candle on day 7 I will cull and count.

Anyone else set for the 22nd?

Last edited:
WOW!!
That`s alot of eggs!You must have a big incubator!

I am also doing my largest group of eggs so far.There are 19 eggs in the incubator (LOL compared to your 130)I set mine in Feb. 28 so I`m guessing around the 21st for me.

Good luck on your peeps!

I candled the eggs and after some blood rings and quite a few clears (might have to feed my rooster some wheaties) I have 83 good eggs left in bater. Lord willing, I will get a good hatch.

Goodgollygoo, I wanna be like you! I want to be a mighty hatcher!!!
big_smile.png

I have to get more incubators!!!!
clap.gif

See there, simple cure to feed my need!

Good luck! I hope you have a great hatch!!
wee.gif

I got my first pip! It's a little early, but has anyone else noticed that Leghorns hatch early. Mine are always a day or so early. The Buff orps and RIRs all hatched on the same day last time, and the right day, but the leghorns were almost all done by then.

sad.png
I am so upset I haven't heard peeping and no pips. I set mine all Feb. 28th. They might be late bloomers but I had tempurature spikes when I added extra water for humidity so I am worried I fried them all. I originally set 34, down to 20. I am worried they won't hatch at all

All the leghorns I have hatched have all been out of the egg and dry by the time the other eggs pipped. I also find that all the ameracaunas I hatch usually pip on day 19. All the wheaton and bc marans I hatch are always day 21 or 22 so I think the breed has alot to do with it

Well unless something changes, and it doesn't look like it will, I have right at 51 hatch out of the 83 good I candled Day 12. That's about 60%. Not what I want to see. I noticed a pattern in my bater for good eggs and bad. I have a hot spot I think. I am going to do a little modification to it and see about the next hatch. I will set at least 7 dozen more by Wednesday or Thursday.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom