Set 24 eggs on Saturday the 14th....

4boysmom

Songster
12 Years
Jun 12, 2007
Set 8 Salmon Faverolle eggs from pasafinofarms and 14 Welsummer eggs from aussiesharon on the 14th as well as 2 I stuck in from my hens ( will be hatching a few for 2nd grade in May, so I only put in 2...hoping for EE's out of these 2 ). They should hatch around the 4th or so....I'm not looking at a calendar right now.

I always stress the entire time checking the temp & humidity a hundred times a day..... I have a water wiggler with a meat thermometer in it, a humidity & temp gauge from Walmart and another meat therm. just sitting in there..... I have the Genesis 1588, and it is wonderful. I think I'm always so nervous because the 1st year we did this, it was with a borrowed LG.....bad results - temp spikes and all! Anyway, I'm trying to just look in it every once in a while since I know I can trust my bator!

The 2 I put in from me hens should have a black ameraucana as the roo - but there is a possibility that the little black silkie or the splash showgirl is the roo.... When I hatch in May, the only roo will be the Ameraucana as we've been culling.

The splash showgirl roo is still in the pen, but may become "rooster pie" in the next couple of weeks. If anyone is interested in him, I'd be willing to sell him or trade him for a hen! He's a nice looking roo. I have a little splash showgirl hen too - I don't think she's laying, but she is 10 mo old, so I'm not sure why unless it's been too stressful with the # of roos we had - she was hiding alot, but now is venturing out since we are down to 2 from 6 roos.

Thanks for listening to my ramblings - I love to raise the little chicks - it is too addictive & if I had more space, I'd be doing this constantly!

4boysmom,

I too set my eggs this weekend. I have 48 in the bator and they were set, Fri,Sat, and finished up on Sunday.

We will be on "peep" watch together.

Wishing you the best of hatches.

Set one sunday have one to start hatching tonight one on the 28th and one to 2 a week there after. Good luck all hope we will be
celebrate.gif
soon

Candled today - I had put 3 of my own in the bator - 2 were clear....that is unbelievable considering how many roos we've had! (we've been culling). Anyway - all of the eggs from pasafinafarms and aussiesharon were wonderful! I think I may have 1 quitter, but I will keep an eye on it for a few more days. 2 more weeks until hatching day!

I moved my (2-11) eggs from the egg turner bator to the still bator.

Should have results in a day or two.

Quote:
Candling is a wonderful thing. I am glad your eggs are doing well. I candled yesterday. I got some buckeyes from buckeye dave and I have 11 of 16 looking good. I am expecting these to hatch around the 15th. I have some EE pipping today so I hope they hatch soon.

7 new chics in the last 2 days (well last night and this morning) 6 new buffs and one WY.

I am just getting started, I have two more with egg shell dents, and moved 8 more eggs into the still battor this morning.

I hope to have at least 15 by sunday.

Back
Top Bottom