Set eggs 5/18 - whose with me?

Wish i had a broody !!Boy do ii !!

Went on lockdown today but candled first.BOO..All the eggs but one seem to have only 1/2 very dark areas(one clear) and i didnt see movement. so thought all died They looked good at day 9 (last time i opened the bator.Classic compared to the photos i saw.) and i didnt have any really disasterous problems at all but .4 times the bator humidity went to 20 during the 18 days but igot it upright away

This is my first hatch but thought A FEW should be more full of little egglets. The lady i got the eggs from told me not to give up Some may still be good as long as they are very dark in 1/2 the egg..Any thoughts by anyone?
I am a little hopeful now but dont want to get too excited. again if i dont have hope.
Now trying to get my humidity up to 65.Seems stuck at 56. Do i fill the whole channel work with water ?So far i have 2 little containers with wet sponges and added more water to the Little Giant outer channelsDo iadd to the inner too?I have a paper towel down with the eggs on it.Isthat blocking some humidity?

welp...I'm locked down now. I went on and did it about twelve hours early cause those mille fleur eggs are ty-nee. I went on set mine in cartons for now. My last couple hatches I left to finish up on their side and I had problems with the hatched chicks turning the pips face down. I had problems with both hatches. My last hatch was turkeys, and I let them hatch in cartons and it just seemed to go better like that.
I'm anxious to see how it goes for all of us these next few days. And congrats on the fuzzies already hatched. Looking forward to all the baby pics coming up. :D

NO! You are not allowed to be hatching yet. You'll make the rest of us jealous.

Haven't checked on the eggs in days, but the hen the eggs were thrown under was talking up a storm when I was feeding earlier. We may have little babies sooner than I thought!

I'm joining in with you all. I've got 22 Black Copper Maran eggs in lockdown - on day 19. This is my second hatch. My fingers are crossed!!! I don't see any movement or external pip yet. I incubated at 30 to 40% humidity and am working at keeping my humidity up to 50 - 60% for hatch. I keep having to add more water through a tube to the wells in the bator and I replaced one vent plug as humidity drops pretty fast. Hopefully this is the right thing to do! Good luck everyone!!! Can't wait to hear how all the hatches go over the next few days!!!

NO! You are not allowed to be hatching yet. You'll make the rest of us jealous.

Haven't checked on the eggs in days, but the hen the eggs were thrown under was talking up a storm when I was feeding earlier. We may have little babies sooner than I thought!

as of this morning still nothing. They are due friday evening, I just got my cam streaming in case they hatcg early. The mille eggs are tiny so I didn't expect them to go the whole time.

I have some lavender orp eggs on day 20 today,....no movement or pip but i am not too confident of any of them .
Candled day 18 and they were dark but eggs were not full all the way only a little more than half. Leaving them in anyway.
LIttle giant with fan and turner kept temps right, humidity 40;s Dont know what could have happened as i havent had any huge mishaps at all. Day 9 or 10 looked classic like they were fine. BUT still hoping to get to 21 or so with one baby anyway.
Dont know how all could have died. when al l looked so good 10 days ago
I am dreaming of some pipping the last 2 nights isnt that crazy?

I'm joining in too! I have five broody hens who I put a barnyard mix of eggs under them, about 3 doz. I put them under them on 5/18 and I have one peeping and the hens are all making noise! Its gonna be a good day!

Back
Top Bottom