Set eggs April 3rd, who's with me!!??

Wow that's awesome for shipped eggs. I've read so many threads about having bad hatch rates from shipped eggs, I'm kinda nervous but I've told myself that as long as about half of them hatch I'll be good. The ones I'm incubating were shipped from Ohio to Texas

Well, since I posted that, I did lose 2 of the Ameracaunas to blood rings. But still, that batch is doing way better than my others. The polish eggs traveled from Oregon to NC. Then they got delivered to the wrong house. So I don't know if the were just shaken up or too old? I always think the same thing...50% is a success for shipped eggs. This is also the rationale I use to explain why there are SO MANY eggs in the incubator when my BF expresses concern.
big_smile.png

When should I start to see the eggs rocking? Anyone who answers this post my hubby and kids will be very grateful as they may get some supper put on the table (if i can leave the bator lol)

When should I start to see the eggs rocking? Anyone who answers this post my hubby and kids will be very grateful as they may get some supper put on the table (if i can leave the bator lol)

It can vary a lot, but I have often seen rocking on day 18. Don't be discouraged though, if you don't see any yet. I have a batch due tomorrow that just started rocking this morning.

Hey guys, I started 42 eggs in my 3rd grade classroom on April 3rd also! The kids are super stoked. I'm using a HovaBator 1583 with an automatic turner. We candled them on Tuesday and 33 of the 42 were still looking really good. Got to see some movement in the shadows of several of them. Here's my question (which I posted in a long stressed out new thread last night, lol)

FrostHazzard, I started mine the same day you did at roughly 8:30 AM. What day are you planning on locking down? Just not sure if i should lockdown Friday or Saturday.... This is my first hatch so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS!!!

Hey guys, I started 42 eggs in my 3rd grade classroom on April 3rd also! The kids are super stoked. I'm using a HovaBator 1583 with an automatic turner. We candled them on Tuesday and 33 of the 42 were still looking really good. Got to see some movement in the shadows of several of them. Here's my question (which I posted in a long stressed out new thread last night, lol)

FrostHazzard, I started mine the same day you did at roughly 8:30 AM. What day are you planning on locking down? Just not sure if i should lockdown Friday or Saturday.... This is my first hatch so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS!!!

eeek, I was planning on putting mine into lockdown around noon on Sunday (day 19 for me) should I be doing it on day 18? I thought 1-18 and then lockdown

Back
Top Bottom