Set eggs April 3rd, who's with me!!??

eeek, I was planning on putting mine into lockdown around noon on Sunday (day 19 for me) should I be doing it on day 18? I thought 1-18 and then lockdown

oy.....i don't know either. I've asked this question several times in the past day or so on here but no answers yet!! Did you count the day they went into the incubator (tuesday) as day 1? I just read that some people count that as day 0 and they consider the day after day 1. I thought they were supposed to go into lockdown on the end of day 18....problem is, i don't know which day to consider day 18!

maybe somebody can help us out soon!

Most people lockdown on day 18, but some do day 19. Honestly, I don't think it matters much. By that point turning isn't important, and raising the humidity won't hurt because the air cell has already developed. If anything, day 18 is safer, just in case you get an early bird. You don't want your pips to dry out in low humidity.

Mine are due Monday. I'm doing a staggered hatch though, so they're actually already in lockdown. I had a hatch today. I'll probably clean out the bator tomorrow, let them dry out for a day, then raise my humidity again on Saturday.

I don't count the day I set as day one, rather at the end of the first 24 hrs. So if I set them at 11:30 am Tuesday, I consider day one at the same time Wednesday. Having said that I think I'm going to put mine into lockdown really early Sunday morning before I head off to work.

Yay for your rockers!

I went ahead and put my eggs into cupcake liners for lockdown, but I'm not raising the humidity till tomorrow night. Only day 17, and I'm already watching for rockers. It's going to be a long weekend. I had 2 chicks hatch yesterday. You'd think they'd be enough to distract me.

two pips.

Woot!! let us know how it goes!
jumpy.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom