Set eggs on 3/18 who's with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, it's been two weeks already! Not going to hatch anymore any time soon. Even though we have 50 acres all we have is the shed for the cows and a 12 X 12 barn for the chicks/chickens. I am going to build a portable barn with wheels for pasture/free ranging in an electric net. That I already have and absolutely love. I will work on those pictures maybe this weekend. And I am afraid to sell any on craigslist. Good luck everyone. Lets see some pictures of those chickies
jumpy.gif

Gosh 50 acres !!! I would have be dangerous with that many acres - would have 10 of every kind of chicken LOL. I like free ranging mine but I only have bantams so they don't take up much room and they don't wander far. Can't wait to see your updated pics

Here are some pictures. They weren't as cooperative
Danica my 4 year old loves her chicks

It just amaze's me how fast they are growing. Two weeks old and they already have tails started and can fly across their brooder

Last edited:
ok, here is pictures of my 3 lavender orpington babies in there new home and pics of my new buff orpington babies that I just picked up!!! ENJOY!

LOVIN' MY BABIES!!!!!

sparrker - your chicks are definitely fitting for Easter. You have all colors LOL. They are so cute. So is your daughter - looks like she handles the chicks so gently.

smchick - congrats again !! Such cute babies. Love your outdoor cage for the lavenders

sparrker - your chicks are definitely fitting for Easter. You have all colors LOL. They are so cute. So is your daughter - looks like she handles the chicks so gently.

smchick - congrats again !! Such cute babies. Love your outdoor cage for the lavenders

thanks!! It is a dog exercise pen. I wrapped netting around it keep heat in, then put the whole thing inside , my inside chicken pen!!! has worked out pretty good! Gonna put the buffs up there in a couple weeks
thumbsup.gif

Well Guys, I'm on day 22 with no pips once again
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
I'm not sure whats going on?
idunno.gif
...but sometime between lockdown and day 21 I'm killing the chicks!
he.gif
I can't figure it out? This time I took 1 of the top plugs out kept my humidity at 65% it never dropped below 60% and never got over 68%. I kept the temp at 100 degrees it never dropped below 99 and never got above 100 degrees and yes I had more than 1 Thermometer in there just incase??? I don't understand what is happening?
idunno.gif
I know I don't have a FAN...but I know several people who has had more than 85-90% hatch rates out of the same Incubators with no FAN! (I'm Using 2 HovaBator 1602N) Can anyone help me please? I know you guys are having great hatch rates I see all the chicks but I can't keep killing my Baby's it's start to get really fustrating!
somad.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom