Set eggs on 3/18 who's with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think there drowning because there not even pipping the shell? Most of them are dieing around day 18-20 I think because some still have the yolk and some don't? So from what I've been told there dieing a few days early not while trying to hatch. I have also already checked into the sea level thing and I'm in Georgia so that's not my problem. I dunno ready to give up and just sell hatching eggs. Lol

I am so sorry about your hatch
hugs.gif
i tried to send you message on the thread the other day and it didn't send it for some reason. Anyway, don't give up! Keep trying. It sounds from your post that you are doing everything right! Hang in there!

Hey smchick alls well in Blanchester. Had a broody that hatched a chick on tues morning and all was well til noon on wed. When we went to check her we found the chick outside the nest cold and had passed. Not sure if it got out itself and couldnt figure out how to get back under the hen or if it died and she kicked it out :( We are sad nontheless. So no more broodies for me...its way to stressful. All my Easter hatch kids are doing well tho and growing like weeds. Hope everyone else's babies are still doing well. I am still working on getting some updated pics on here. Soon I promise. Have a great day all !!!

Ok so I woke up this morning and both of my wifes ??? eggs were pipped and there both rolling around now I can't wait to see what comes out? Also I guess the mother had been sitting on them because today was suppose to be the day they went in the hatcher but the both started piping in the auto turner tray= Lol
jumpy.gif

Ok so I woke up this morning and both of my wifes ??? eggs were pipped and there both rolling around now I can't wait to see what comes out? Also I guess the mother had been sitting on them because today was suppose to be the day they went in the hatcher but the both started piping in the auto turner tray= Lol
jumpy.gif

YAY chickenhawk !!!! Good for you. Can't wait to see pics

jumpy.gif

THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
celebrate.gif
VERY HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!! MAKE SURE YOU KEEP US POSTED AND POST A PIC OR 2!

wee.gif

Hey smchick alls well in Blanchester. Had a broody that hatched a chick on tues morning and all was well til noon on wed. When we went to check her we found the chick outside the nest cold and had passed. Not sure if it got out itself and couldnt figure out how to get back under the hen or if it died and she kicked it out :( We are sad nontheless. So no more broodies for me...its way to stressful. All my Easter hatch kids are doing well tho and growing like weeds. Hope everyone else's babies are still doing well. I am still working on getting some updated pics on here. Soon I promise. Have a great day all !!!

Hey girl!!!!! All is well here in Waynesville too
big_smile.png
So sorry about the chick
hugs.gif
I hate that, have had it happen several times. It is like they can't figure out, they need to be under mama.
Glad your babies are doing great. My lavender's are growing like weeds! Believe I endated up with 2 cockerels and 1 pullet
th.gif
Don't need 2 cockerels, will probably get rid of one. The new buff babies are doing great too. wanting to put them with the lavender babies, but the lavenders are 2x their size. So I am unsure if I should or not.
Can't wait to see updated pics!!! I will get some on here too! Do you have any eggs in the incubator right now???

I think my one Delaware went broody. She was sitting on the eggs on Tuesday night,yesterday she did get off for a while and spent the night on them again, I marked the six that she is on today, and pretty much all of today she has been on them. She doesn't growl at me, peck at me or anything mean. I can pet her still. She is really hunkered down on those eggs. Since I have 24 laying almost everyday I am just gonna let her go do her thing. I won't be at loss. I am also donating 18 eggs to our elementary school that I drive school bus out of. The chicks will be going to a 5th grade class that one of our neighbors and a student on my bus is in, and she will be taking these chicks home with her when they hatch. How exciting for them.
My 23 that I hatched on Easter are doing super fabulous.
Awesome news chickenhawk, maybe you will have to hatch out only your wife's chicks. They seem to do better for some strange reason. Must be a woman thing :thumbsup

I have been a total flake here-- sorry everyone. Wow.. been really busy !! I have had a couple of terrible hatches... all shipped eggs-- one was due to a smashed box and I believe half frozen eggs due to the condensation on them-- another-- I think I just bought from someone I should not have-- and since- have had a great hatch on my own turkey eggs ! and another batch of 6 are in right now- 4 out of 6 have pipped-- it is day 27. had to put some goose eggs in another incubator because she has not laid on her nest-- 2 geese laying- one breeding-- no one setting.. first time doing goose eggs- it has just been a few days- do not know how many eggs are good or fertile yet.

Back
Top Bottom