Set eggs on 3/18 who's with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What are they?????? The suspense is killing me!!!!!!

So what do you think is going wrong in the still air hatching bator? What are you using to check your humidity and temps and is it accurate?
Did you see anything alarming when you opened the egg up concerning the membrane? Was it too dry....too wet?
If you get another one that doesn't hatch, take pictures each step of the way when you open it up and I bet there are a lot of people who can pinpoint your problem.

Wow! you can do that...I'll take pics this time. I have 2 turkey eggs in for 7 days, and will set a doz. chicken in the morn. to see if they hatch together. I always have 20% to 35% that do not hatch. Maybe you can tell me why with some pics...Easter chicks are doing good, one die out of 20 two days after hatch ...This was the last one to hatch. ON ??? eggs I will guess turkey since no one else did ...Are they speckled ??

Hey Guy's sorry my Daughter's 3rd Birthday party was today so it's been crazy!
wee.gif
Anyways so I would have to say the winner is either sparrker or smchickfarm because I'm not sure myself???
idunno.gif
My guess is Geese? but my wife thinks there Ducks? I'm posting some pics maybe we can figure it out together? Lol

Last edited:
Water fowl, LOL! Have you ever had any???? We got Pekins three weeks ago and it feels like ten years ago. They are wearing me out!
It sounds like you are right, your problem is over in your hatching bator. Congragulations on your successful hatch of the mystery babies. They are way, way, way, way too cute!

I have a pip! I'm not going to get excited until it is acutally out of the egg and moving around and fluffed up and.......yeah, you know, proven to be alive. Here lately I've been so unsuccessful I can't muster up too much excitement for eggs.
I have some ready for lockdown this week again and I just set another three dozen today, bought a dozen on auction and have two more dozen I would love to set if I can find room in anything around here!

Pictures are good. That's what I've researched on here to compare with my eggs and pinpoint my problems and it was very helpful. I've seen many threads where they went all the way through the eggtopsy step by step on different issues that can kill the chick.

Well it was a titanic struggle just to get a few good shots as they will not stand still. Here are a few pics of the 3 week olds today !!!!!

And just wanted to congratulate everyone on their hatches and pips.

chickenhawk those little ducks are adorable. I bet your wife is ecstatic.

sparrker best of luck with your broody. Hope all goes well

cbreez good luck with your pips hope all went well, and good luck with the ones you just set

Love all the pictures everybody. This thread is awesome !!!!

Well it was a titanic struggle just to get a few good shots as they will not stand still. Here are a few pics of the 3 week olds today !!!!!

I love your cochins! Your silkies look like some I have in my brooder box!!!! I love seeing how much they change every day.
I really like the cochin in the top pic that is white with color on the wings. What color is that going to be?
On the cochins can you tell this early cockerel from pullet?

I have one chick out and a pip still on another. The one that is out is a partridge silkie and its coloring is so good I really hope the others hatch. Still have four in there that aren't due to hatch until tomorrow.
The one that is pipped is pipped at the bottom of the egg, not the big end. Has anyone else had a chick that pipped at that end and still was able to zip and hatch?

Two hatched, one silkie/one cochin. I think I have a few more pips, but it's hard to see in the top of the incubator. Next time I will know where to strategically locate the eggs so I can see what is going on.
I'm happy I had two hatch out so I won't have that one lone chick! Hoping to have a few more by morning. Looking for some Faverolle babies from smchickfarm.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom