Set eggs today, 2/6/10. Who's with me?

schmmems

Songster
11 Years
Dec 31, 2009
Central Florida
Just set my eggs from two auctions. 12 Blue Langshan, OEG, Mille Fleur D'Uccle, Serama, some Jersey Giant mixes. Total of 35 eggs. Candling report on day 3, Tuesday night...

Last edited:
Oh good, company!
smile.png
I put 21 eggs in at lunchtime, mostly mutts for my neighbor and for practice, but includes a few eggs from my sussex pen too.

This is only my third attempt, and the first two did not achieve stellar success (although I did at least get SOMETHING out of each), so I expect I will be pretty neurotic again this time
tongue.png
I am trying totally-manual turning this time (eggs just lying on liner on the mesh 'floor' of 'bator) because the outside manual turner I used previously (the kind where you turn the handle to tip carton or tray of eggs from side to side) made them go KLUNK! so badly and was generally a giant pain in the neck. So I dunno. We'll see how it goes.

Pat

Last edited:
We will join we are setting 11 mallards,4rir's and 3 lakenvelders (silvers). We have been dealing with the East coast snowfall so setting them tonight. So good luck to all !!! We are collecting duck eggs and are going to do staggard hatches as the hens lay for us.
ya.gif

fl.gif
happy hatching vibes to you and your soon to be chickies & ducklings!
fl.gif

clap.gif

I may be joining you later tonight, still debating it.

Last edited:
This is my first hatch in my new incubator, and I am kinda worried. I have another bator running, old reliable, and love it. It is a hova-bator and works like magic. This new one is a new little giant, and I am not very impressed by it. I have had it running for about a week, making sure the temp holds and that everything is in good order. Because of the way it is set up, I can't use my normal thermometer, so I am having to use a digital one instead. Don't know if I like that either!

So anyway, I got home tonight and went to check on my eggs, and the temp was reading 114! What?!?! I quickly opened the incubator and cooled things off, but I'm not sure how things are going to go with this hatch. I will be anxiously awaiting the candling, I hope they are not all dead!

Still monitoring the temperatures, fingers crossed...

We're putting 6 under our silkie tonight! 3 silkies, 1 Buff Orbingoton, 1 Barred Rock and maybe a Frizzle? could be another silkie.

This will be fun to hear the final outcome of all those setting today.

So. Oregon

Back
Top Bottom