Setting 41 on 6-15, 7-8, 7-31, and 8-23 feel free to join in at any time

Do you like the spot check? I need to order a better thermometer.

Yes and no. Its not instant, but it is faster than some others I have seen. I wish it had some sort of holder for the probe so I could place it in different places in the bator. We're supposed to take the temperature at the top of egg...I put it on a box and hope it doesn't move when I replace the lid as there's no really good way to move it around a bator through the lid...that makes every measure take at least an hour.
You would think that the cost of incubators you would not have to buy extra items to check temps

Not just temps, but relative humidity also.

You would think that the cost of incubators you would not have to buy extra items to check temps 

Yeah I have never seen a incubator with multiple temp and RH probes, and really for acuarracy they should have at least 4. Especially when it's only 2-3$ to add 4 of them at the desgin stage.
Most of the cost of an incubator seem to be the clear plastic bit. I can build the electronics and heaters out of any of the $300 incubators for $50

Has anyone got eggs set, I have 6 EEs they are due 6th Aug.I will be candling on day 7 which is on Thursday. I am hoping on a good hatch I also hope they are pullets because I,m looking forward to having green eggs

Has anyone got eggs set, I have 6 EEs  they are due 6th Aug.I will be candling on day 7 which is on  Thursday. I am hoping on a good hatch I also hope they are pullets because I,m looking forward to having green eggs 

I have 29 due 31 jul. 2 are green eggs 2 are true Aracuna and the other blue is x-breed Aracuna egg. I also have silkies, frizzle for my project batch, dorkings and orpingtons

Fingers crossed on everyone's hatches
fl.gif
The waiting can be so exciting
pop.gif
but also a worry. This is my first hatch with my new incubator so my fingers are double crossed
fl.gif
fl.gif

Fingers crossed on everyone's hatches
fl.gif
The waiting can be so exciting
pop.gif
but also a worry. This is my first hatch with my new incubator so my fingers are double crossed
fl.gif
fl.gif

Well, good luck to everyone, that's quite a variety of birds being hatched here. I finally got my extra bator, its a Janoel8-48. Interesting thing about it is that it runs at a constant humidity between 55%-70% (not adjustable) and a constant temperature of 38C (100.4F) for the entire 21 days. The bator's owner recommended I just let it do its thing. Of course I will have to keep my eye on the water, but it has built-in alarms to remind me just in case.

You would think - but I don't trust anything that is mass produced these days. Quality control is often lacking.

Has anyone got eggs set, I have 6 EEs they are due 6th Aug.I will be candling on day 7 which is on Thursday. I am hoping on a good hatch I also hope they are pullets because I,m looking forward to having green eggs
I have 4 OE eggs (BCM x Blue Ameraucana) under a broody due 8/8. No temp or humidity checks, but I can't see them either! Just hoping for the best, and eventually dark green eggs.

Yes and no. Its not instant, but it is faster than some others I have seen. I wish it had some sort of holder for the probe so I could place it in different places in the bator. We're supposed to take the temperature at the top of egg...I put it on a box and hope it doesn't move when I replace the lid as there's no really good way to move it around a bator through the lid...that makes every measure take at least an hour.

Not just temps, but relative humidity also.
Thanks for the feedback. It will be interesting to see what your temp is in a dry incubator.

Well, good luck to everyone, that's quite a variety of birds being hatched here. I finally got my extra bator, its a Janoel8-48. Interesting thing about it is that it runs at a constant humidity between 55%-70% (not adjustable) and a constant temperature of 38C (100.4F) for the entire 21 days. The bator's owner recommended I just let it do its thing. Of course I will have to keep my eye on the water, but it has built-in alarms to remind me just in case.

Are you going to run it simultaneously with your Brinsea? Will be interesting to see the differences in your hatches.

Thanks for the feedback. It will be interesting to see what your temp is in a dry incubator.

Are you going to run it simultaneously with your Brinsea? Will be interesting to see the differences in your hatches.

The difference dry was .6F lower than reading, not as dramatic but still a difference...and yes, I am going to be running them simultaneously. Both bators are currently undergoing a 24 hour sterilization routine using Virkon. I just put a teaspoon into 1.5L of water and then filled both bators wells...so they're running at like >90% humidity.

Back
Top Bottom