Setting 41 on 6-15, 7-8, 7-31, and 8-23 feel free to join in at any time

That's the fluff from the chicks. The Brinsea does a really good job of moving air, so it stays suspended. By the end of the hatch it will be flying out of the vent hole

I'm not sure if its the same with the 20, but do you get fluff stuck under the plastic near the fan? It's like that with the minis. I end up unscrewing the fan and cover and cleaning it out good because I really want my incubators to last. It seems to all condense under there.

I'm not sure if its the same with the 20, but do you get fluff stuck under the plastic near the fan? It's like that with the minis. I end up unscrewing the fan and cover and cleaning it out good because I really want my incubators to last. It seems to all condense under there.
Yes. Every hatch I take the cover off and blow the fan out with a blow dryer. Also wipe down the fan blades. If there is fluff stuck to the blades, it will knock it off balance and make it noisy when it runs.
Up to 10 now. Officially day 21 in 3 hours

My dumb chicken keeps forgetting where her nest is when she gets up to do her daily stretch. She keeps going back to her favorite nest with only one or two freshly laid eggs instead of to her nest of 16 fertilized eggs. I have started locking her into her area and only letting her out when i am around to put her back in the right place. She has plenty of food and water and hopefully the other chickens wont figure out how to get inside and lay more eggs on top of the broody mother hen.

Does anybody have any great ideas on how to remind a chicken where she belongs?

My dumb chicken keeps forgetting where her nest is when she gets up to do her daily stretch. She keeps going back to her favorite nest with only one or two freshly laid eggs instead of to her nest of 16 fertilized eggs. I have started locking her into her area and only letting her out when i am around to put her back in the right place. She has plenty of food and water and hopefully the other chickens wont figure out how to get inside and lay more eggs on top of the broody mother hen. 

Does anybody have any great ideas on how to remind a chicken where she belongs?

I don't know but you can mark her eggs that's she's sitting on and then when you check them you'll know if anyone added eggs to her batch. Why can't you put her and her eggs into her favorite nest that she keeps going too?

SHE ATE ONE OF HER EGGS!!!!!!!! Down to 15.

Well, there's one thing that can't happen in an incubator...sorry to hear that. But consider, she might have recognized something wrong with the egg and decided to get rid of it...did she peck it in place with all the other eggs, or did she move it at all away from the other eggs?

I don't know but you can mark her eggs that's she's sitting on and then when you check them you'll know if anyone added eggs to her batch. Why can't you put her and her eggs into her favorite nest that she keeps going too?
I have marked her eggs. I just have to pick out the new egg every day. I put her in a new location because her previous location was one of my main nests where she would be bothered by all of the other hens. Also if the chicks hatched there they would not be safe. I moved her to her own private nesting location in a brooding box with plenty of room, food, water, and access to the outside. I had to take away access to the outside once she started going to the other nest. Where she is now is where the chicks will be the safest.

Back
Top Bottom