Setting 41 on 6-15, 7-8, 7-31, and 8-23 feel free to join in at any time

NT, just to give you a rundown of my final numbers, I hatched 14/22 and had to cull 2, leaving me with 12/22. Those are my lowest numbers in quite a while. Several people are telling me that BCM may do better with dry incubation. Since I'm a trial and error kind of guy, all willy nilly with no research
wink.png
, I'm probably going to run the next one dry. I will let you know how it goes. The good news is that I have 12 vigorous BCM chicks, and they are all eating and drinking
thumbsup.gif

Nice. Can you put a water container in the hide for them?

I put the water right beside the hide, such that they could drink without having to expose themselves. But I also got the outdoor run done, and all of the bigger young'uns have taken to being outside, so that makes the water and food totally available to the little guys. Things have been awesome today.

NT, just to give you a rundown of my final numbers, I hatched 14/22 and had to cull 2, leaving me with 12/22. Those are my lowest numbers in quite a while. Several people are telling me that BCM may do better with dry incubation. Since I'm a trial and error kind of guy, all willy nilly with no research
wink.png
, I'm probably going to run the next one dry. I will let you know how it goes. The good news is that I have 12 vigorous BCM chicks, and they are all eating and drinking
thumbsup.gif

So the 8 were all dead during incubation? Sorry it turn out that way. Do you know if they were late deaths or w/e? Try dry, why not, at least you know you can do what you choose with the brinsea. When do you think you will be setting again?

And wtg on 12 new BCMs in the world, are they French with feathered legs?

Speaking of feathered legged BCMs, I have to report...my cockrels are now 11+ weeks old and all of them, yellow legs, grey legs, and black legs, are feathered legs. Some only have 1 feather on 1 leg, but they all have feathered legs. This is strange since Dad is an American no feathered leg guy.

My new run for the youngun's flock.

The old pool fencing gate.

View from inside the coop.

And the coop finally has shingles, no more drips inside, yeah!!

When all my young birds are processed or integrated into the main flock, I will open the door between the two coops so the main flock will be able to roam around outside too.

My new run for the youngun's flock. The old pool fencing gate. View from inside the coop. And the coop finally has shingles, no more drips inside, yeah!! When all my young birds are processed or integrated into the main flock, I will open the door between the two coops so the main flock will be able to roam around outside too.
Looks great!!!

Day 18 Update:
  • Fertility rate is up to 80%
  • Average weight loss is 9.12%, which is 82% of ideal weight loss
  • No new red rings (early deaths), 3 total, no more potential RRs
  • Potential clears are down to 16 from 19

So right now there is the potential for a 95.31% hatch rate.
fl.gif
I have topped up the water reservoirs in both bators.

Back
Top Bottom