Setting Eggs 12/28 - Hatching Buddies? Hatch-Along

so sweet! what kind is it again? I'm anxious for this week.!!

I'm hoping to get a few hatched on my b day lol. I locked down the little one yesterday with 3 eggs... I haven't added any water yet. I'll add some if I see some action. I figured the air cells would have time to expand. I know next time I need a small hygrometer for that one so we will see how it goes. I feel like my first time around is trial and error.

I'm looking down the Genesis today. I'm getting a lot of movement in there so hopefully all goes well. I had to pull some eggs from my broody too... she just couldn't cover them all. of the ones I pulled 2 had chicks so out of good consciousness I plopped them in the bator. I think she is still sitting on 10.
so sweet! what kind is it again? I'm anxious for this week.!!

I'm hoping to get a few hatched on my b day lol. I locked down the little one yesterday with 3 eggs... I haven't added any water yet. I'll add some if I see some action. I figured the air cells would have time to expand. I know next time I need a small hygrometer for that one so we will see how it goes. I feel like my first time around is trial and error.

I'm looking down the Genesis today. I'm getting a lot of movement in there so hopefully all goes well. I had to pull some eggs from my broody too... she just couldn't cover them all. of the ones I pulled 2 had chicks so out of good consciousness I plopped them in the bator. I think she is still sitting on 10.

Now I have 9 little Jumbos!

Handle the little guys gently and calmly and often , they can be a bit skittish the world is scarey when your smaller then a golf ball but it makes for much calmer little cots when they grow up. so far its only 2 of my boys that go crazy when you try to hold them the rest are fine once you pick them up .

Something to keep in mind when you're looking at bulbs: Do NOT get one labeled "shatter resistant". They're usually coated with a teflon type substance and the gases emitted can kill your birds. Here's an article talking about it.

I just put all of my eggs into lockdown. I did a final candle, and saw all seven moving.
wee.gif

I'm so excited for this hatch. My gut feeling is that they'll all pop out black, meaning they're half FBCM and half Cream Legbar. I'm sure hoping I'm wrong- I'd love for all of them to be purebred legbar, but I'm not so sure my legbar roo is the dominant roo anymore.

Back
Top Bottom