Setting Eggs 12/28 - Hatching Buddies? Hatch-Along

Here's our first from this hatch! A lemon cuckoo orp!
Darling! Cheeping away in there waiting for buddies.
Awesome congrats! Where did you get the lemon cuckoo from? Your own flock or someone elses? Love them, don't have any of those yet, but you know, I am going to end up with a bunch of chickens if I keep getting ones I don't have. Lol.
Thanks for the pics...trying to feed a habit here...My mantra...I will not break out the styro bator...I will wait for my new brinsea..I will not...I will not...

I got a dozen of them from a farm a couple hours from me. I have those mixed with eggs I had mailed. So far he's my only one out. The rest of the lemons seem to be pipping, but only 2 of the mailed eggs so far. I know they were all alive and moving when I put them in lockdown.

I'm waiting for 24 eggs for this Friday or Saturday maybe we will set at same date. Who knows?:idunno :D

I'm new to the hatching world. What does " setting " mean? Right now I have an incubator with 13 runner duck eggs, and 3 eggs in a separate bater to hatch. I pulled those out at 25 days. When do you think I should expect some activity?

setting just means placing them in the incubator. I've never hatched ducks (but I plan to) and I believe they are 28 days so I'd say it could be anytime for some pipping and zipping :0) you will have to post pics!

Candled with the shower running and I FINALLY have an internal pip! I saw movement in all the eggs. Hoping for an external pip within a few hours :)

Back
Top Bottom