Setting Eggs 12/28 - Hatching Buddies? Hatch-Along

Eggs 1, 2 and 7 pipped last night and this morning their pips are larger so the cam is up :)

Iggy's having some trouble fluffing out. I had to take her out before some leftover membrane dried to her back she felt dry but crusty. Is that normal?
No, not normal but happens frequently. It is caused by humidity issues. I can't remember if its too much or too little. I think too little humidity but could be wrong. Do you have the camera back up?

Yes the cam is up and Fluffy, PeeWee, Allie (Allawishous/Optimus Prime), and Clara are pipped now.

She was wet when she hatched though, maybe when I took her out to pull the goop off her back she dried and hardened. Either way she's fluffing up now that she's trying to preen :)

When I get crusty/hair gelled chicks, I've used a very soft bristled tooth brush and brushed them out a little and that fluffs them right up.

Ok so this boy hatched with a bit of yolk left outside and some meconium (poop) on it. Do I need to rinse the poop off? I don't want it to get inside his abdominal cavity.

Too late, I already rinsed it off. Poor thing is TIRED. He tried to hatch for two hours but hadn't zipped all the way AND he was in one of the thick-shelled eggs.

Aaaand we're done here. 7 out of 11 hatched! Two BOxBR males and 5 BOxSwedish Flower unknowns :p.

Did eggtopsies and two were in weird positions, one looked like it might have suffered from not losing enough water (it was the heaviest), and one with an unknown cause.

GLAD it's over with and I'm ready to enjoy these babies until they find new homes :)

Here are the two babies that are in the brooder now: Morpheus and Iggy

Last edited:
Aaaand we're done here. 7 out of 11 hatched! Two BOxBR males and 5 BOxSwedish Flower unknowns :p.

Did eggtopsies and two were in weird positions, one looked like it might have suffered from not losing enough water (it was the heaviest), and one with an unknown cause.

GLAD it's over with and I'm ready to enjoy these babies until they find new homes :)

Here are the two babies that are in the brooder now: Morpheus and Iggy

Congratulations. They are cuties! Thanks for the live hatch cam. I enjoyed watching it and it helped me with my inability to incubate at the moment. Haven't had the shakes all week.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom