Setting eggs 3/15/14 - Who is with me?

Ok after the initial shock I see that some aren't that bad, but there are definitely a few in there that are Woah!
ep.gif
Hi LeviS,

Some of the eggs I hatched were odd shaped, however, none of the totally round ones hatched. I think yours will be fine but if you plan on breeding them then that may be an issue due to genetics- not an expert on that though. Good luck!

Hi LeviS,

Some of the eggs I hatched were odd shaped, however, none of the totally round ones hatched. I think yours will be fine but if you plan on breeding them then that may be an issue due to genetics- not an expert on that though. Good luck!
I hope it was just by chance that I got a bunch shaped like that, since I would like to breed these in the future. I get the odd egg every now and then but it just seems funny to have that many like that. I sure hope its not a genetic thing! The buff laced brahmas are such a lovely breed and were hard to get my hands on, I would like to keep this person as one of my sources to get more but I just don't know. It will all depend on the hatch I guess!
jumpy.gif

My brahma box came in! Somewhat dissapointed though.

They are all point and misshapen! The darker brown egg is from my own batch I will be sending out, and I'm just amazed someone would send eggs like these! I would never dream of sending out eggs like these to customers, even ones for eating!

Has anyone ever hatched eggs shaped like this? I always thought you weren't supposed to try and hatch odd shaped eggs. Hopefully I'm just overreacting but if anyone has some experience with this that would be great.
I'm no expert & I hope it all works out. I do know that egg shapes can very radically depending on breed. I have some as round as a ping pong ball and others so long and pointed you can't close the egg carton. I still don't know all the breeds I have and egg color and shape will hopefully help me identify the various breeds when I ever figure out who is laying what.

Update! I awoke to three hatched chicks this AM, they are a day ahead of schedule but they are bantam Polishes so maybe that is why? It is soooo exciting. I have a crazy morning so they will have to stay in the bator until I get back in the afternoon. I hope that is okay!

Update! I awoke to three hatched chicks this AM, they are a day ahead of schedule but they are bantam Polishes so maybe that is why? It is soooo exciting. I have a crazy morning so they will have to stay in the bator until I get back in the afternoon. I hope that is okay!
Grats!

Locked down last night - 7 white orpington, 8 lemon pyle brahma and 1 blue brahma. All look good!
10 white campbell ducks will lock down on Tuesday - all looking well developed.

Out of 40 eggs, 26 have made it this far which is amazing for shipped eggs. it's going to be a busy weekend!
jumpy.gif

Locked down last night - 7 white orpington, 8 lemon pyle brahma and 1 blue brahma. All look good!
10 white campbell ducks will lock down on Tuesday - all looking well developed.

Out of 40 eggs, 26 have made it this far which is amazing for shipped eggs. it's going to be a busy weekend!
jumpy.gif
Congrats to you!

I ended last night on day 10 and so far looks like there's 21 out of 32 for my buff laced brahmas and wheaten americanas, hoping
fl.gif
for a great hatch! Also just got confirmation that the eggs I'm going to give my broody hen came in today!
celebrate.gif
Hope that one goes well as I really really want all those to hatch, lavender brahmas
droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom