Setting eggs 3/15/14 - Who is with me?

One hatched! It didn't fully absorb the yolk though. There was a tiny bit of yellow sticking out from its navel so I put it in a little bowl with a wet paper towel. Hopefully it will finish up with no issues.

I also have a total of 4 more pipped. Today should be fun! I'm hoping that at least one will wait to hatch after my kids get home from school. They were so excited this morning!

Quote:
That is awesome! How many eggs did have go into lock down?
I had 33 go into lockdown. 1 hatched last night, 4 more were out as of this morning. I counted 19 external pips before I had to leave for work. That only leaves 9 that haven't shown anything externally yet - but today is Day 21 and the day is young!!!!! If only my current external pippers successfully hatch, that will give me 24 out of 33. A 75% hatch rate for my very first chick hatch EVER is something I am VERY excited about! Hello world!

yeah!! :ya

end of day 19 here.. d20 tomorrow.. so excited..
it is at this point that I start worrying every single egg has somehow died and will never hatch. OMG the anticipation!!  it makes me crazy...
Exactly, working so hard not to open it up and take another quick peek. If they would just start peeping back, talking to myself is bad enough but my family thinks I'm really strange peeping to 15+ eggs.

I had 33 go into lockdown. 1 hatched last night, 4 more were out as of this morning. I counted 19 external pips before I had to leave for work. That only leaves 9 that haven't shown anything externally yet - but today is Day 21 and the day is young!!!!!

If only my current external pippers successfully hatch, that will give me 24 out of 33. A 75% hatch rate for my very first chick hatch EVER is something I am VERY excited about!

Hello world!
You should be excited! Great job for a first hatch!

Quote:
That is a fantastic hatch! I hope I am that lucky on my first hatch too - wait - what am I going to do with all those chicks - LOL What are YOU going to do with all those chicks ;)

Exactly, working so hard not to open it up and take another quick peek. If they would just start peeping back, talking to myself is bad enough but my family thinks I'm really strange peeping to 15+ eggs.

ROFL I love it!!!
lau.gif

yeah peeping to something that peeps back is 1 thing.. peeping to eggs.. my husband just gives me 'that look'
lol.png

ROFL I love it!!! :lau
yeah peeping to something that peeps back is 1 thing.. peeping to eggs.. my husband just gives me 'that look' :lol:
I've started to get "the look" from people at work also. Most are city kids and were blown away when I stopped in after our small animal fair with the OEGB's. They are bomb proof and just waited on top of the crates while they checked them out, they aren't trained to "station" just really calm when not on shavings. Shavings MUST be scattered all over everything!

Back
Top Bottom