Setting eggs 3/15/14 - Who is with me?

The second phoenix to pip, zipped and the umbilical was bleeding quite a bit when it popped out of the egg. While I was in I re-candled, none of the 9 d'Anver were moving, down to 1 partridge rock, and another phoenix has pipped. I didn't see movement in the 2 remaining phoenix eggs.

fl.gif

i think my air cells are too small. this pic is from day 14 and there just a tiiiny bit bigger today (day 17):
what do you think...
did you weigh them at all?
what is your humidity?
I think they look ok. they will get a big "dip" in the air cell right before hatch. if you keep candling thru "lockdown" you'll see it grow
wink.png

Last edited:
fl.gif

did you weigh them at all?
what is your humidity?
I think they look ok. they will get a big "dip" in the air cell right before hatch. if you keep candling thru "lockdown" you'll see it grow
wink.png
my humidity has been running from 25-40% for dry incubation and no i haven't weighed them at all.
How come some people leave there eggs in the turner in but unplug it. i have read it causes more incorrect positioned hatches. what do you think?

my humidity has been running from 25-40% for dry incubation and no i haven't weighed them at all.
How come some people leave there eggs in the turner in but unplug it. i have read it causes more incorrect positioned hatches. what do you think?

I think it depends if they are shipped or not.
for shipped eggs, I leave them upright, I think it helps them get into position.
for non shipped eggs, I lay them on their sides for hatch.

I think it depends if they are shipped or not.
for shipped eggs, I leave them upright, I think it helps them get into position.
for non shipped eggs, I lay them on their sides for hatch.
Thanks. any one else have something to say about that?

Also came home to some pips, three of them!!!! Had to double take, wasn't expecting that! One has a little hole the other two just have two little cracks. They haven't changed in the two hours I've been home, hope that's normal.

Back
Top Bottom