Setting eggs 3/15/14 - Who is with me?

Took a peek this morning and the viewing windows are fogged from hatching - which is good, Can't see exactly how many hatched overnight but I don't see any blue shells so I don't think of any of the AMs have hatched yet. It's getting to be like bumper cars in there so I hope I have a break soon to move the dry chicks to the brooder - lots of "he's touching me" complaining going on
lau.gif
cuuute!
clap.gif

pics soon! :D

Seven chicks have hatched
2 BBS Cooper Marans
3 Lavender Orpingtons
2 Cream Legbars

There are 3 more in the incubator that are pipping, mostly Lavender Orpingtons.

Here is the photo of the seven of the chicks.

Had anyone's from this group hatched? I placed mine in on the 14 & 15. And nothing. Heard chirping the other day. We floated yesterday as all seem good

If you don't mind me jumping in here, I had a broody start a set on the 16th. I am going crazy with this. All the eggs I've seen from my girls have been fertile and I'm very new to this. I just let her have some eggs. She pushed one out a few days ago, felt hollow but rattled inside. Today she acts very alert and a little wide eyed, so I'm guessing we're getting close. I just tried to let her do her thing, I have not candled or anything ( most of the eggs are marans dark brown and a dark olive green) cause I didn't want to disturb her at all. I had a broody last spring that gave up after a week. I try reading on BYC, but can anybody give me a quick idea of what to be watching for? Thanks and wish us luck. Great job on the new chicks!

Really bad photos but here are a few - still have several drying off in the incubator. I hope to get them out tonight after work and the larger ecoglow 50 is on overnight order
hide.gif
cause the small one
tongue.png
ain't gonna cut it with this hatch.

There are a dozen under there currently - all Favs and JGs. I think I have one splash and one blue JG and also one splash Fav. There is at least one SPR in the brooder, one or two JGs and at least three AMs - it may be impossible to count your chickens before they hatch but after they hatch is not that easy either :)

Congratulations everyone and good luck to all those still hatch! I can see at least 3 eggs still unhatched in my incubator as well.

If you don't mind me jumping in here, I had a broody start a set on the 16th. I am going crazy with this. All the eggs I've seen from my girls have been fertile and I'm very new to this. I just let her have some eggs. She pushed one out a few days ago, felt hollow but rattled inside. Today she acts very alert and a little wide eyed, so I'm guessing we're getting close. I just tried to let her do her thing, I have not candled or anything ( most of the eggs are marans dark brown and a dark olive green) cause I didn't want to disturb her at all. I had a broody last spring that gave up after a week. I try reading on BYC, but can anybody give me a quick idea of what to be watching for? Thanks and wish us luck. Great job on the new chicks!
Good luck! and welcome to the thread
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom