Setting eggs 4-3-14

Eggs will have been sitting for 16 hours when I put them in the incubator. Do you think that's enough rest time. I have to go to work tomorrow and I won't be home until after 8 pm so I really want to set them in the am. Although now that there is a competition I'm not sure ur gonna give me advice anymore ;)

Eggs will have been sitting for 16 hours when I put them in the incubator. Do you think that's enough rest time. I have to go to work tomorrow and I won't be home until after 8 pm so I really want to set them in the am. Although now that there is a competition I'm not sure ur gonna give me advice anymore ;)

No competition. Just silliness. I hope you get 1st chick as it is ypir first hatch. They are so exciting.

I will be setting eggs tomorrow. Was hoping there was someone in the same situation to hatch with me. This will be my first really attempt as the last time I used a very poorly made homemade incubator and got..... Surprise surprise a 0%hatch. I have 8 cream legbar egg and 6 BBS orphingtons eggs currently in my possession. I have 12 wheaten ameraucanas and 5 copper marans waiting for me at the post office today.

I sat eggs on the 29th...Turkey (Bourbon Reds) and Goose and will be adding 4 chicken eggs tomorrow....
big_smile.png

Never fails, just when I tell my husband I wont be using the incubator again I go and use it again..lol..
lau.gif

I would love to join but I already have eggs in the incubator due to hatch the 12th :( maybe next time. I'm getting eggs from juststruttin sent out on the 28th. Let's see who gets a better hatch rate ;) I'm getting 18 cream legbar eggs and 6 Basque eggs.

Juststruttins cream legbar eggs are beautiful. I'd love it if you still joined in and kept us updated on how your hatch goes. It gives me something else to think about during these long 21 days.

Never fails, just when I tell my husband I wont be using the incubator again I go and use it again..lol..:lau
[/quote]

I sat eggs on the 29th...Turkey (Bourbon Reds) and Goose and will be adding 4 chicken eggs tomorrow....:D  

Never fails, just when I tell my husband I wont be using the incubator again I go and use it again..lol..:lau
[/quote
Oh don't worry mine doesn't know yet that the 12 I told him I was getting have expanded to 34. Have to tell him that in about 30 minutes. ;)

I'll join and keep you guys updated on the eggs. It sucks that I have to wait another month to incubate the eggs though. But I can let you guys know how my hatch that I have going on now goes :). And I hear the Basque are awesome. I can't wait to have them in the flock. Hopefully I don't get a lot of Basque roosters!

Back
Top Bottom