Setting eggs 4-3-14

The digital is staying in better sinc with itself. The probe had been touching the plastic, but I got that fixed. However, I have two glass thermometers suspended through the vent holes and one reads 96/97 and the other 98/99. The digital reads 99/100. suggestions?

The digital is staying in better sinc with itself.  The probe had been touching the plastic, but I got that fixed.  However, I have two glass thermometers suspended through the vent holes and one reads 96/97 and the other 98/99.  The digital reads 99/100.  suggestions?

It's enough to drive you crazy. I have 7 in lockdown and am getting 3 different readings. Average 65%. Good enough. I give up

Yeah the egg turner is definitely the way to go. I'm saving up for a cabinet incubator. I would be able to set eggs every week. It's quite an investment though at 7-800 dollars. I want to breed rare breeds and sell them. It'll be sort of like a small little home business. The hatcheries and some breeders get $50 a chick for the cream legbars so I was thinking I could sell them $20 for females and $10 for males.

20 for CL females is too low! Local market should fetch at least $30. If you get into shipping even more.

Back
Top Bottom