Setting eggs 4-3-14

glad to see things are developing for you all, i candled a couple last night all looking good so far, but as they say "dont count your chickens until they hatch" im just waiting until my new torch comes! and then i can have a real look
thumbsup.gif
hopefully it will come tom, just wish i could get the humidity to be stable, because its a circulating incubator it dries out, so ive worked a system where i put warm water in 3 times a day! ive got paper towels in but it just keeps going down
idunno.gif

glad to see things are developing for you all, i candled a couple last night all looking good so far, but as they say "dont count your chickens until they hatch" im just waiting until my new torch comes! and then i can have a real look :thumbsup hopefully it will come tom, just wish i could get the humidity to be stable, because its a circulating incubator it dries out, so ive worked a system where i put warm water in 3 times a day! ive got paper towels in but it just keeps going down :idunno

What day are you on? I don't recommend a humidity higher than 35% days 1-18. You will drown your babies and you air sac wont get to right size. Water 3 times a day? What incubator. I really want tou to have a great hatch!

its a fiem 50 with a circulating fan but i cant get humidity to stay up it drops to below 10% so i put warm water in, ive just put paper towels and a towling one on top to try and keep it up but i dont think it will as the fan dries everything up the temp is stable though

its a fiem 50 with a circulating fan but i cant get humidity to stay up it drops to below 10% so i put warm water in, ive just put paper towels and a towling one on top to try and keep it up but i dont think it will as the fan dries everything up the temp is stable though
Wow, that is awful! 10% is pretty low--sigh. Best of luck with your hatch.

I just set 29 silkie eggs from a breeder on this site. This is my second attempt with these eggs. The first set didn't go so well 2/30 hatched. I am using my homemade mini freezer incubator.
I candled lady night just to be disappointed again. Over half are no good:he no development at all!I just don't get it.

Such is the case with shipped eggs unfortunately. I've been incubating shipped eggs for 2 months now. 38 eggs: 6 babies. Next batch of 40--who knows.

I am not entirely sure if its the shipping or infertility.. It figures the ones I realllllllly want don't hatch lol
I'm so sorry. I hope the half that are still good will produce something for you.
I hope so too. I have 2 doz. blue Marans 1 doz. Delaware and 1 doz. EEs that are a week older (LOCAL) that are doing great!! I need to candle those again tonight.

I tried candling with a different flashlight today and still don't see veins. I saw a tiny dark spot in one yolk, but that is it. I really want to provide my students the opportunity to see some eggs hatch.

Assuming these are all duds, does anyone have known fertile silkie eggs they can spare? I drove 1 1/2 hrs to get this batch and can't find anyone in my area with eggs to spare. If I start a new batch soon, we will have time to see them hatch. A mix would be great! I can cover the shipping cost.

Back
Top Bottom